Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys so I have a question...
When I clean my windows I usually use invisiglass, http://www.amazon.com/Stoner-91164-Invisible-Glass-Cleaner/dp/B0007OWD2M

and it makes my windows very clean, streak free... but when it is either really sunny or if I just wiped my windows with a damp microcloth... I see dried water marks. For the damp cloth, after it dries up you can't see it, but knowing it is there on a 2 month old car is just irritating me. After seeing this I bought some clay bars hoping it would get rid of it... no effect. Going to follow up with vinegar+distilled water, but I am going to make a hypothesis that it will not work also. So in the case that it does not work... should I ask and does the dealer buff out imperfect windows? or does anyone else have some ideas? thank you!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Windows will only appear streak free for a short period of time. Then, you clean again. One of the reasons for this is that the interior of a car is a constantly changing environment. Temps and humidity levels fluctuate at all times. Also, and I never thought of this until a detailing guru told me, all of the plastics, rubbers and other materials release chemicals into the air when heated (as sitting all day in the sun). These chemical adhere to the interior glass making the filmy streaks that nobody likes.

For best results, I use a good quality cleaner (Stoner's Invisible Glass) and spray it directly on my glass cleaning towel (never on the window itself). Autozone sells a good quality glass cleaning cloth (mine's green) for a few bucks. I always use two (one to clean and one to dry). Hope this helps you!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know your frustration. Finally last Monday I did my windows. I used (as Mrjangle metioned) invisible glass. It was the only thing that did a great job. I tried window cleaners, and mixtures but Invisible Glass has the best result. HOWEVER!!!! This morning on the way to work the sun caught my windshield just right and I saw some streaking so I will give it another shot this week end. I have always agreed about the chemicals in the plastics and rubbers ect. They really fog up the windows badly. But this definitely does the job. At least the best results so far.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I use microfiber rags which work well when it comes to getting that crystal clear look, and they last a while, some are pricey but they'll last!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I use microfiber rags which work well when it comes to getting that crystal clear look, and they last a while, some are pricey but they'll last!

That's pretty much what the glass/window cleaning rags are with the exception that one side is a little rougher for cleaning.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
That's pretty much what the glass/window cleaning rags are with the exception that one side is a little rougher for cleaning.
Another thing to point out is some people use terry cloths to clean the window and micro fiber to give it a spot free finish. I thin detailers do just this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use "Optimum" mixed with distilled water in a spray bottle, but only on the outside. It leaves the surface shiny and slippery, easier to re-clean.

·
Registered
14 Posts
invisible Glass cleaner just like you, but i use newspaper. super clean! try it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wasn't at all impressed with Stoner Invisible Glass Cleaner. At least, in my dry climate, it didn't clean well, and seemed to streak.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.