Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From BMW Blog, its a fair piece that actually considers the RC-F wasn't built for the track...

2015 Lexus RC F Review

Summing up the Lexus RC F in one statement is difficult but I would have to go with jack-of-all-trades. I was pleasantly surprised with the fun had in Lexus’ newest sport car. Compared to the benchmark of the segment, the BMW M4, it is a close call as an all-round performer.

Admittedly, if I were to attend a track day, the M4 is going to be my weapon of choice in nearly every case. It is nimbler and more tactile, and has the party piece twin-scroll S55 straight-six with gobs of torque and, if you’re willing to pay for it, unbreakable ceramic brakes. Juxtaposed to that, the Lexus RC F lacks the sophisticated double-clutch gearbox and decades of racing pedigree but still manages to hold its own for a few laps.

However, calling the ball game there means you would be seriously shortchanging the Lexus.

While it lags a bit behind the BMW on track prowess, the RC F’s poise on the road coupled with the rev-centric V8 and relative luxury make for a great GT car. We’ll cover more on the road test portion of the RC F but priced from $62,400, anyone shopping for an M4 is doing themselves a disservice if they don’t take a serious look at the latest offering from Lexus.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
This is probably one of the best ways to put it:

the RC F’s poise on the road coupled with the rev-centric V8 and relative luxury make for a great GT car.
The RC-F isn't all that great when compared to other vehicles in it's segment but a great step forward for the brand, hopefully over time, if it's what they want to do, they'll make it more of a sports car than a GT car, much like the M4.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is probably one of the best ways to put it:

The RC-F isn't all that great when compared to other vehicles in it's segment but a great step forward for the brand, hopefully over time, if it's what they want to do, they'll make it more of a sports car than a GT car, much like the M4.
Based on what metric, and if that's the case why are you here?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts