Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see references here for "the 2014" RC350/RC F. I'm under the impression the RC350 will be a 2015 model, with the RC F more likely to follow as a 2016. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I was under the impression it would land in auto shows around 2014 and be sold as a 2015 model. But at this point. Its all guessing.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
How did you come up with the RC-F being a 2016 model?
From how it seems, the RC-F might be released not too far off from the basemodel RC and other lower RC models.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I think that the RC F will be released as a 2015 model. Look for it actually on sale in late 2014. I don't think it is for sure,. but given the timeline they are working with for auto shows and teasers and such that would be my best guess.

·
Registered
407 Posts
How did you come up with the RC-F being a 2016 model?
From how it seems, the RC-F might be released not too far off from the basemodel RC and other lower RC models.
They dont usually release the F model at the same time as they release the regular model do they? Didn't the IS come out before the ISF?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One of the articles I read recently said the RC-F will be at the upcoming Detroit auto show. It sounds like Lexus may have it in production to compete with the 2015 BMW M4. I've read pricing estimates on the M4 from mid-$60s to $100K on the M4. Lexus may wait for the BMW pricing announcements before they release their prices. I'm hoping the RC350/F prices aren't much higher than the IS350 F Sport and IS-F. If they are, I may opt for a used RC350 or RC-F in a year or two.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I actually wonder if they work like that, wait for a car maker to release their product first to see what it's price at then adjust their pricing to it. I kind of doubt it.

I bet however that they have a price range to set it into for that segment and price it accordingly.

·
Registered
407 Posts
One of the articles I read recently said the RC-F will be at the upcoming Detroit auto show. It sounds like Lexus may have it in production to compete with the 2015 BMW M4. I've read pricing estimates on the M4 from mid-$60s to $100K on the M4. Lexus may wait for the BMW pricing announcements before they release their prices. I'm hoping the RC350/F prices aren't much higher than the IS350 F Sport and IS-F. If they are, I may opt for a used RC350 or RC-F in a year or two.
they might announce the RC-F but I don't think it will be for sale after Detroit

The RC350 isn't even fully announced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.