Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good news...

First Drive review: Lexus RC F (2014) | Driving.co.uk

THE NEW Lexus RC F is expensive, cumbersome, blazingly immodest, fundamentally impractical, comes fitted with an unnecessarily large and uneconomical engine and is altogether, in a naggingly high number of ways, boilingly inappropriate. I can’t think of many cars this year that I’ve enjoyed driving quite as much.

·
Registered
97 Posts
meh, this was an OKAY review, doesn't provide as much value as others i have seen posted here, their verdict is a good example of lack of value:

We like Head-turning looks and superb cornering
We don’t like It’s a bit of a squeeze in the back

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Of course it's a squeeze in the back, this is not a Lexus IS...
Who buys a coupe expecting to get the same seating as a sedan? If you want more legroom in the back buy the IS as mentioned. As for me, I want the fun of a coupe knowing I will not have to haul all my friends or coworkers around. ;)

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Ah, got to love how they're telling us what is already obvious, even to those that just take the RC for face value. Another reason why I just stick to a select amount of automotive publications.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, got to love how they're telling us what is already obvious, even to those that just take the RC for face value. Another reason why I just stick to a select amount of automotive publications.
Is there no cure for your myopia?

Then again the boot (opened by a remote control that causes it to pop and, rather pleasingly, pause in thought for a couple of seconds before rising slowly) is only marginally smaller than Northampton. Purists will tell you that the boot is where the engine ought to be, and they may have a point. At the same time, last-minute Christmas shopping? Done.
I also noted with a pang of jealously that the upscale £67,995 Carbon-spec version of the RC F features a 17-speaker Mark Levinson setup and includes a device that high-mindedly restores the frequencies compressed by digital MP3 formatting. Roll on the day when Lexus takes this hi-fi snobbery all the way and plugs in a high-end, belt-driven, diamond-stylus turntable.
But I feel eager to report that the RC F can play host to legal pleasures too, and that for this driver Christmas came early in a moment of yowling and perfectly law-abiding (as well as utterly comfortable) acceleration on the A3 near Cobham, in Surrey. And it doesn’t get much more Lexus than that.
Luckily, its not for you...they're speaking to a crowd who neither knows nor cares who Chris Harris is...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.