Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i now have 3400 miles on my 7 month old car and just completed a 550 mile round trip to buy a motorcycle .
the rc performed ok..the steering is very light and so is the suspension ..the car hits 100 mph in stride and no drama ...
shoiuld have gotten the 911 instead for only 30 g's more

this rc is a non involvement of the driver and typical Lexus .

competent car but feel like i am under propofol.

·
Registered
154 Posts
well, i now have 3400 miles on my 7 month old car and just completed a 550 mile round trip to buy a motorcycle .
the rc performed ok..the steering is very light and so is the suspension ..the car hits 100 mph in stride and no drama ...
shoiuld have gotten the 911 instead for only 30 g's more

this rc is a non involvement of the driver and typical Lexus .

competent car but feel like i am under propofol.
Do you drive the RC350 FSport or the RC F???

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the rc f sport is $64.0 out the door in my case as i was stupid enought to buy the second one sold in the usa ,the night before the sale embargo was lifted .
the 911 ,base and i repeat base because i do not hit the track and anything over base for someone who lives in the usa and does not hit the track is a waste ,is approx. $100.0 out the door .
now if you live in germany this is a different situation.

in short , the rc f sport is not what i thought .it is a lexus ride ,soft and isolated .and not engaging . now, my 1955 porsche spyder 550 is more than engaging and also my almost daily driver .

·
Banned
742 Posts
Sounds like Lexus really pulled one over on you there man. I would of never thought an extra $30 gs could be worth so much! **** man, you gunna lemon law it or something?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Well, I just wanted to verify that... becasue he keeps comparing the RC350 FSport to the 90K porsche...

Just 30K more... well that's another car right there...
Yeah that's what I noticed, basically two different vehicles, different purposes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
...should have test drove both cars before buying. You couldn't tell that the Lexus wasnt giving you the "involvement" you wanted in a 30-45 minute test drive but can come into a Lexus forum and **** on the car???

·
Registered
154 Posts
...should have test drove both cars before buying. You couldn't tell that the Lexus wasnt giving you the "involvement" you wanted in a 30-45 minute test drive but can come into a Lexus forum and **** on the car???
Look up his other post... its even more interesting that this one....lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, i have other cars and not too many miles on the rc . my point on the rc f sport is that it is competent but totally isolationist. and yes i blew it when i overpaid and got taken for a ride by the dealer .but i blame myself ....for this stupidity .
now on the reason i got the lexus ...RELIABILITY .......this was my number one target .
and as far as "******" on the car ........i do not marry a car or a company and i have no loyalty to any company or car . it is only a car and i paid for it with my money ..it was not given to me .
i can understand people becoming emotionally involved with a car or a thing ...but this is not me ...i recognize good points and flaws .
what i do not understand is persons fighting over or attacking others over a thing.????
i drive about 55 ,000 miles a year ( i do not like to fly ) in the usa and europe including motorcycles ......and have been doing this since 1976.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fair enough. Sounds like you'd be out of a factory warranty with a porsche pretty quick though. And that's where Lexus' reliability comes into play. I considered a Porsche Cayman myself but after owning Lexi for the past 15 years, I knew they held up if you take care of them. I'd rather maintain a Lexus over Porsche. And for the time being, we've got a pretty rare car. I see a Porsche every few days. I've yet to see an RC in the wild.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fyi, i have someone who has owned 3 911 of the circa 2008, 10, 13 ...all 3 have had a new engine replaced under warranty and the third ,a new car with the car returned to germany for inspection...all 3 times , the person had to sign a confidentiality agreement and in exchange he receive cash ,payments off , and a new 0 mile car .but the person cannot talk abou it to anyone .

therefore no porsches for me ..i do not have the time to deal with this ,thus the lexus .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts