Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
馃憢馃徏 hi.
This is my 6th Lexus, my 2nd in Atomic Silver and I have never noticed this before. Almost immediately, I noticed pretty significant chips in the paint. The skirting is ridiculously scratched and chipped already. I drive 20 miles a day. And I am not in any extreme conditions

I took it to the dealership and they keep telling me that 1. It鈥檚 been windy 2. I must have driven it through a sand storm 3. It鈥檚 normal.
I never had an issue with my IS 350 paint, but my RC paint issues are making me so mad every time I look closely.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
this was my dream car. Now it鈥檚 just upsetting.

anyone else having an issue?

Registered
Find another dealership. My "obsidian" black RC has a chipped up front itself. It was an Indianapolis car the
first few years of it's life. It's a Southern bell now, for the past few years anyway. I'm putting my paint in the
ok category for what it probably went through in those snowy/salt road areas. I'm thinking your paint might just be
in the "soft" category, I've had a couple of those, and it was always silver. The least they could do is prep and re-coat
your front and then install 3m clear vinyl covering. I feel your pain though.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Find another dealership. My "obsidian" black RC has a chipped up front itself. It was an Indianapolis car the
first few years of it's life. It's a Southern bell now, for the past few years anyway. I'm putting my paint in the
ok category for what it probably went through in those snowy/salt road areas. I'm thinking your paint might just be
in the "soft" category, I've had a couple of those, and it was always silver. The least they could do is prep and re-coat
your front and then install 3m clear vinyl covering. I feel your pain though.
Thanks!!

I totally agree about AT LEAST offering the 3M clear covering. I think I just need to make some more noise. I have been very loyal to this particular dealership, and I got the GM involved鈥ut I work less than a mile from their brand new headquarters鈥 suppose I need to be louder.

thanks for the response!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts