Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I decided to do a throttle body clean up because I was experiencing vibrations at the steering wheel specially when turning on the A/C or heat (sometimes I felt vibrations even if I didn't use both). After cleaning the throttle plate (which was dirty with carbon) I put everything back and plug the negative cable I felt that the car was running smooth and with no hesitation or vibrations. A few days later the symptoms come back again. I've been reading and watching videos about this issue with electronic throttle body that they need a "relearn procedure". If this something that I need to do? The car is not running as it used to be before cleaning the throttle plate. The throttle feels very soft or spongy now
What I've done in the past 3 months to the car that is near 80K miles:
Dealer advised to replace fuel pump because of the recall but nothing changed and they didn't find anything!!

New coils and spark plugs
New air filter
Lexus synthetic oil every 4k miles
Tranny flush
I only use 93 Shell.

BTW these cars don't have a AIC valve right?
What's the IDLE learning procedure for this vehicle?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey also when you pop the hood can you send a pic of the camshaft sensor next to the oil cap I need the color of the wires in order please

mine just popped out while changing my alternator lol that would be awesome

scared to start my car till I get the image thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dang that sucks! Like I posted, I took mine out today and cleaned it put it all back and mine runs normal! Must be the throttle body bro! If that’s all you touched! And before it ran fine right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts