Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats right its been 13 years since Lexus last offered a coupe (exclude the LFA) but the RC isn't about sales, at least I don't think so. The RC is about image, for long enough Lexus has been viewed as selling sedated saloon cars to elderly country club members. The RC could help shed those connotations...

The RC is flashy, maybe too flashy, aggressive, yet maybe too aggressive. The Interior has been lifted from the IS which has been described as cramped in recent reviews, although the RC will do away with the IS mouse control in favour of a touch screen head unit.

The only 2 major questions left are AWD vs RWD and will it get Toyotas new 2.0 Turbo Atkinson engine slotted for the Lexus NX crossover. It could provide a lower cost entry model similar to the BMW 428...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Don't care much for the 4 cylinder.

It will for sure have the IS350 drivetrain. AWD or RWD?
I'd hope for RWD.

They do sell an ISC Coupe. But its pretty ugly in my opinion.

I like the interior alot.

And i don't think its too flashy.

And yes its been too long.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The Lexus RC 350-F certainly is for people who are willing to have a bit more attention paid to the car they drive. And I think that is good. Those are the cars that you spot on the street and they are the ones that you remember. It's pretty hard to believe that Lexus hasn't put out a coupe in that long. Seems like a oversight to me.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
The last real coupe from Lexus, the 1992-2000 Lexus SC400/SC300 (soarer)
It's the MKIV supra's cousin, came before the Supra ;)

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the 4 cylinder is going to be one of the biggest movers in the RC. Fuel economy and a touch of power. The new NX 2.0T engine is an Atkinson cycle that uses all the available energy in a cylinder as opposed to the loss you get with an Otto cycle...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts