Tire and Wheel Protection for $1250 for 5 yrs - Page 2 - Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 Old 10-16-2015, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
I bought the same package, go read the literature, if the wheel is damaged beyond repair it is replaced..

don't ever go by what a salesman says, while Lexus is better than others, they are all mostly clueless.
That's good to know since sometimes wheel get so badly bent that even just putting weight on it wont be good enough but.

This is great for someone who wants to put minimal effort into the vehicle but someone that knows a lot about the automotive world can get around not going for the warranty.

post #12 of 15 Old 10-16-2015, 08:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soarer View Post
That's good to know since sometimes wheel get so badly bent that even just putting weight on it wont be good enough but.

This is great for someone who wants to put minimal effort into the vehicle but someone that knows a lot about the automotive world can get around not going for the warranty.

agreed, and if you are going aftermarket it is pointless.

personally I have never damaged a wheel, however I have had my wheels damaged by shop monkey's. so the warranty is just added protection for me.

if I never use it, oh well, it's peace of mind in the event some shop monkey decides to grind my wheels on a curb.
post #13 of 15 Old 10-25-2015, 10:56 PM
RWS

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unikz80 View Post
Actually, the financial officer's offer was $1290 and ended up getting it today. One of my friend told me that his IS had rim damaged twice and it was only 19 inches...
Is your rim 18 inches or 19 inches?

Where was your dealership located if you don't mind asking...

I drive in NYC and North NJ a lot so I thought it was good idea to cover my rim and tires and I ended up paying $1380 with tax and all...
We will see if it's worth it or not...
There is a Tire and Wheel Platinum and a Tire and Wheel Platinum Plus. Of course the Plus covers more.

post #14 of 15 Old 10-27-2015, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
agreed, and if you are going aftermarket it is pointless.

personally I have never damaged a wheel, however I have had my wheels damaged by shop monkey's. so the warranty is just added protection for me.

if I never use it, oh well, it's peace of mind in the event some shop monkey decides to grind my wheels on a curb.

If a shop monkey damages my wheels the shop monkey will be buying me new ones. I take a photo of each wheel when it is sitting in the service area drop off. This puts the service advisor and management on notice that if anything is amiss they will be paying for it and No Ands, Ifs or Buts about it. Life is cruel, but a picture is worth a 1,000 words and stands up in court.

US Navy Vet
2015 RC 350 F-Sport
2004 ES330
1965 Ford Mustang Custom Fastback
post #15 of 15 Old 10-30-2015, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWS View Post
There is a Tire and Wheel Platinum and a Tire and Wheel Platinum Plus. Of course the Plus covers more.
What's the difference between the two?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page