6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 32 Old 08-25-2015, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Luther View Post
I think people hate the dealership because it is a unique place and buying experience, but one that most people only end up actually going through a few times. So people don;t feel comfortable. The sales people have the home field advantage. You have to establish trust and make the environment comforting instead of intimidating.
The key is just to know someone, at least then you increase your chances of having a better experience and these forums help with accomplishing that.

post #22 of 32 Old 08-31-2015, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
You mean know someone who works in the dealership, or just know someone who is familiar with the process? Preparation is key, but prepared or not, it is good to feel as though the sales people are working with you instead of working against you. Fostering that atmosphere is actually pretty difficult to do I think.

GearHeadPeter likes this.
post #23 of 32 Old 08-31-2015, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Garage
Maybe once Lexus moves to the no-haggle pricing genre will we finally feel comfortable with buying a car.

US Navy Vet
2015 RC 350 F-Sport
2004 ES330
1965 Ford Mustang Custom Fastback

post #24 of 32 Old 09-01-2015, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter View Post
Maybe once Lexus moves to the no-haggle pricing genre will we finally feel comfortable with buying a car.
I don't think that all Lexus dealers are doing that. Just some are. Still, I do think that the no haggle strategy is a good one. The price is the price. it makes things a lot less complicated.

post #25 of 32 Old 09-01-2015, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
I never did pay much attention to dealer reviews. Either you give me what I want or I walk. You're not the only Lexus (or whatever make) dealer around and if you can't be fair with me, someone else will. The key is to do your homework before even showing up. And, I always let my salesperson know that if their service department doesn't take good care of me, I'll be getting my next Lexus somewhere else. The consumer truly has the power. Some people just don't use it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2017 INFINITI Q60 3.0 TWIN TURBO V6 AWD PREMIUM
post #26 of 32 Old 09-01-2015, 05:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Luther View Post
I don't think that all Lexus dealers are doing that. Just some are. Still, I do think that the no haggle strategy is a good one. The price is the price. it makes things a lot less complicated.

Yes that is true, but the fact of the matter is most of the car buying public just don't want to spend hours upon hours negotiating a price or even looking at the stats of the car they would might like to buy. Some dealers are getting better, but too many still have that mentality of beating the customer down. I used AAA to buy my Camaro, and it was great. I tired to use them again when I bought my RC, but because it was so new to the market in early December no one was willing to do a deal, and in fact a lot of dealers were charging up to $5K over MRSP. Costco now also has a buying program for the RC, but not when I wanted to buy it.

If I wanted until April I could have gotten a much better deal, but I found exactly the color combo I wanted and the options so I bought it.

US Navy Vet
2015 RC 350 F-Sport
2004 ES330
post #27 of 32 Old 09-03-2015, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Did you buy it at 5k over MRSP?
post #28 of 32 Old 09-09-2015, 04:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexinator View Post
Did you buy it at 5k over MRSP?

Oh GOD no, but my AAA guy was told that dealers in other states at that time were getting that much over MSRP. When the new Mustang came out many dealers were charging up to $10K over MSRP for the first ones that showed up on the lots.

Since I bought mine in early December I didn't have much bargaining power since it was a new model and in demand, but I did get $500 off and I was OK with that. I also didn't pay for any BS magic paint or interior protector that the dealers try to upsell everyone. I got it just the way I wanted it, and it didn't even have dealer tint, which drew me to the car in the first place.

US Navy Vet
2015 RC 350 F-Sport
2004 ES330
post #29 of 32 Old 09-10-2015, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
You had me wondering for a moment.

I know there must be some who people can't wait for the price to go down and are willing to buy the RC above MSRP, just haven't seen it yet.
$500 off in the month that it was released is pretty good.
post #30 of 32 Old 01-02-2018, 02:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nice information..

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page