Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner

Please introduce yourself!

66K views 172 replies 115 participants last post by  NielDC 
#1 ·
Welcome to RC350Forum.com! We ask that you post an introduction here so we can get to know you a bit better. Tell us a bit more about your current car, why you are interested in the RC350, and anything else you think we would like to know.

Thanks again for joining, and welcome aboard!

Your Lexus RC350 Forum Admins

#3 ·
Currently driving a 2011 Ct200h, premium in Starfire Pearl. I have never seen very many of the CT200h on the road for 3 years which is fine by me. My car does have a similar look to many other small hatch backs on the road. The RC350 should have another distinctive look and I would be very willing to make switch. Looking forward to more information here on the upcoming launch this Fall.

#10 ·
i drove the IS350 f sport and the plain one about 2 months ago and i was not that much into it .
i then read about the new rcf and rc f sport and decided to take a look and drive them.
i visited 3 dealerships and e-mailed another one for info on the new rc and one came baclk last week inviting me to the first showing of the rc .
i went yesterday november 5
,they had received the car the day before and that same day they sold a fully equipped one .a twin to the one i got.
when i got there they had about 8 of them or maybe more . 4 were on the showroom including one fully equipped except missing the heated steering wheel ,but had every option that you can get on the rwd.
i looked, drove a base version for a test drive ,and bought the fully rwd on the floor .
within 2 hours i was heading home on it ( left my car in the parking lot and going back for it today )
i know i overpaid which is something i have NEVER DONE .
but ,instead of paying it in full they offered me a one time up front payment fee of $24,000. lease ,and a buy or residual of $38,000.
the car had a list of $55.0---by the time i buy it i will have $62 into it or i may just sell it or return it depending on how i feel about it .
driving it home i found the rear wheel steering disconcerting but will get used to it specially hitting corners fast....a blast.
also found that i am really driving a computer..and too many distractions ............
the manual weights a ton ..........and it takes hours of reading to get it and by the time you do you forgot it .
well, we will see ..........
my other options were the mb sl, jag f , vette ,911.................BUT ALL OF THEM LACK a spare tire which to me is a must due to the long trips i take and thru the mountains .
this was the primary reason i got the rc.

they tried to sell me about $3,000 worth of options such as maintanance ,coatings, and 5 other stuff i do not need nor did i get them.

as long as the car is hot they will keep trying to get as much as they can ...............will drive it again tomorrow . i have to go back today and bring them a check. yes, they let me take it home with a full metal license plate and i have not paid for it yet .

#13 ·
After a year of waiting I finally got my RC! I verbally ordered this car November 2013 after seeing it in a Lexus magazine as a future vehicle. She arrived on Monday 11-03 and I got to take her home on Wednesday 11-05! She's beautiful and exactly what I expected. Thanks to Jeff Farley at Stevinson Lexus of Frederick in north Denver for his patience over the past year as we both waited for this line to arrive.

#16 ·
Hey all! Happy to be on this forum and see the excitement about the new RC. I picked mine up from Lexus in Birmingham Tuesday (same day they came off the truck).

One thing I will put out there for the new owners- I have had major issues trying to activate the Enform Remote App on my iPhone. I'm still waiting for them to get it synced and Lexus tells me it's a known issue!
Nice RCF Mila :)

Welcome to the forum!

#15 ·
Hey all! Happy to be on this forum and see the excitement about the new RC. I picked mine up from Lexus in Birmingham Tuesday (same day they came off the truck).

One thing I will put out there for the new owners- I have had major issues trying to activate the Enform Remote App on my iPhone. I'm still waiting for them to get it synced and Lexus tells me it's a known issue!

#17 ·
It took me a bit to get my Enform to connect also. It seems to be slightly delayed waiting for the papers to go through on the back end. A couple of days after I got my car I got an email to activate my account. Once you get that just call the phone number in the email - it is easier to just deal with a person. They will hook your account up, put all the info in there, ask for security questions etc. Once you do that you need to go to your car and hit the SOS button. They come on and that is how they get the signal specific to your car. Take your smart phone with you because during this call they will send you an email with your activation code. Pop it into the app with your VIN and poof you are good to go. After I got off the SOS call mine was activated and working within 15 minutes.

Good luck and enjoy the drive!!!!
Mila in Denver

#20 ·
My Infiniti G37 coupe lease was going to be up this April so last November I was out and about hitting dealerships trying to find my next car. I have had a few Lexus' in the past and stopped by to see if they were ever going to offer a two door that wasn't a convertible. Jeff Farley, my Lexus contact, showed me their magazine that had pics of the RC and RCF. I was sold right then and there based on a pic and what information Jeff told me. I verbally "ordered" the first RC available for Stevinson Lexus that day. Needless to say I bugged the crap out of Jeff for a year and was on this forum weekly looking for updates, info, etc. They started a wait list a few months ago and I was the first name. I found out about a month ago that my dealership was getting two RC's that were scheduled to arrive November 3rd and I got first pick of which one I wanted. Jeff called me when the delivery truck showed up!

I trust Jeff and I love Lexus and have not been disappointed with previous ones I've owned so I had no hesitation in signing on the dotted line without even taking a test drive!!

#21 ·
Thanks for ur inf , I'm driving a 08 G37s too and just took the test drive on RC 350F Sport yesterday evening at lexus of clearwater , I stiil love the G37s more than RC 350F about driving and handing . How do think about these after u got the RC350 , can u have some compare between G37 and RC350 ? Thanks again

#24 ·
Love the red interior on that! Sharp!

So far here is what I can compare between the G37 and the RC.
Infiniti:
-more robust sounding exhaust when started in the garage
-simpler interior/dash - less beeps and bops if that is important to you
-bumpier ride because you can't take it out of sport mode so to speak
-my car specifically had issues with the brakes squealing from the start - nothing like dropping over $50K on a new car and having it squeak every morning leaving the garage

Lexus:
-throatier sound when you "get up on it" accelerating
-more intricate dash with lots of buttons to play with - my husband loves options!
-tight suspension when in sport mode but a luxurious ride all the other time
-I personally prefer the lines on the Lexus, the Infiniti is a little "round" on the edges. It will be interesting to see the new Infiniti G37 next year as I know it is getting a new body style.

Basically even between the cars:
-Even though the Infiniti had 330HP and the Lexus is 306HP I haven't noticed the difference yet. Keep in mind I am still letting the Lexus break in so I haven't really gotten to mash on it and truly play with the horses yet. Will report back later on that!
-Seats in both are incredibly comfortable and wrap you like a glove. My husband is 6'4" and I am 6'1" - neither of us have issues with leg room or headroom in either car.

#25 ·
I drove an IS250, and I have been waiting for a Lexus coupe. I am thrilled about the arrival of the RC, and in the process of leasing a RC350 F Sport.

I have driven BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, but I am attracted to Lexus because of the amount of thoughtfulness they put into designing their cars and reputation for reliability.

#26 ·
Welcome to the forum thinkwell! I just officially joined too but have been following information on the RC here for a year now. Hope you get your RC quickly and can start enjoying it. So far I'm love love loving mine.

I hear you about having a preference for Lexus. They really do spoil you rotten and produce a great product. I had test driven the IS a couple of times but always had a problem with the placement of the B post. Being 6'1" means you always have to have the seat as far back as possible which meant I scrapped my arse every single time I tried to get into the IS. Loved the interior and the look of the IS but the getting in/out was painful - literally! Now this lovely two door RC has massive doors that give me plenty of room to get my long legs in and even with the seat all the way back I don't hit the side of the car. In heaven out here in CO … well except this crappy cold front that hit today!

#27 ·
as an addition to my post on my new rc ...i went back the second day with a check .
they asked for my courtesy contract and i also gave them the original contract ( but i made copies ) which i gave them. i then gave them a check to pay the lease in full.

they gave me back a contract which they had shown me on a computer ON THE SAME DAY I BOUGHT THE CAR and had asked me to sign electronically which i did ........but when i was shown this contract the numbers that showed up later were not there .

when i got home and read it i discovered a new set of numbers that were not originally disclosed to me. under line F there was a RENT CHARGE for $3945.96
i fell for this old trick.
in short the up front payment came to $29.
the residual $37
total $66

i was originally told that if i paid in full,up front ,there would be no interest payments ---------THEY LIED BIG TIME .

i admit that they gave me the amount i would pay up front and residual . but they did not disclose in full the details of this rent charge.i acted and bought the car on the belief that all was proper .

that night i e-mailed all involved plus the GM and received a call the next day from the very nice salesman who told me that the GM had asked him to contact me.

. he said i had misunderstood. i did not . he offered to do anything to make me happy....i asked to return the car....he said ok. i told him i would be there the next day .

my wife did not want to go to the dealer again ......but i got a friend to take me that same day and i called them to tell them i would be there inside two hours (it is one hour drive ).

they called me back within 15 minutes as i was getting ready to leave .

bottom line , they offered to give me $2. off. and THEY admitted that even thou they stated that there would be no interest payments, there are such because is such a new car. this is BS...............

so , i took the offer ..........i like the car but i can always get another one someplace else ............maybe a can find an honest dealer and not a stealer . but this lack of ethics and underhanded maneuver has me upset. and i plan to follow thru .

( but i still have an ace to play as i know the family owners of this florida dealership and i am waiting to see them again to give them the situation , i do not want to embarass them but ????????? ) .

so,

i took the $2.0 discount but they did not admit to fraud which in my opinion this is what happened and as i talk to people i hear this is common .

i will be filing a report with Pam, the attorney general and the consumer fraud section. ( the atty. g. cannot do much other than refer me to the consumer protection bureau.)

i could have my lawyers file ...but it will cost me more than what they screwed me over . ...what they do not know is that i have the evidence in my phone and copies of all.

we will see how this plays out.

#29 ·
New owner !

Hello all,
Bought the RC 350 F sport for my girlfriend Saturday from the Lexus
dealer in Orlando. Paid full sticker (would not budge) but got a decent trade on her BMW 335i .
I love this car! Reminds me of my 1992 SC 300. I own a 2013 GS 350.
I know the RC has the same engine and specs as the GS, but feels much quicker! The 8 speed is really great and sport+ mode is really special.
We got the white with red interior. My gf likes this so much more than
the BMW, luxury with sport mode and a much better ride than the BMW.
The seats and interior are Lexus fantastic as usual. I don't think any new owners will be disappointed, at least with the F sport.
Now what about the V-8 coupe for me?
LOL

#31 ·
Hello, just bought a atomic silver last week from longo lexus rc350 fsport. With red interior.love the car and color. Will post picture soon..sold my 2002 gs430 last month.so far satisfied with new toy. Other lexus car is a 2012 rx450h and a 2007 sc430. Love lexus cars

#34 ·
Hey there USMarineCPL welcome to the forum and to the Lexus family. My RC350 F Sport is my third Lexus so far and I am a huge fan of the company and their vehicles. They really do stand behind their product and in all honesty spoil you rotten - which is only to be expected for the price tag!

Enjoy your new ride and let us know what you think!
:x Mila :x