14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 155 Old 11-09-2014, 11:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilaDenverCO View Post
My Infiniti G37 coupe lease was going to be up this April so last November I was out and about hitting dealerships trying to find my next car. I have had a few Lexus' in the past and stopped by to see if they were ever going to offer a two door that wasn't a convertible. Jeff Farley, my Lexus contact, showed me their magazine that had pics of the RC and RCF. I was sold right then and there based on a pic and what information Jeff told me. I verbally "ordered" the first RC available for Stevinson Lexus that day. Needless to say I bugged the crap out of Jeff for a year and was on this forum weekly looking for updates, info, etc. They started a wait list a few months ago and I was the first name. I found out about a month ago that my dealership was getting two RC's that were scheduled to arrive November 3rd and I got first pick of which one I wanted. Jeff called me when the delivery truck showed up!

I trust Jeff and I love Lexus and have not been disappointed with previous ones I've owned so I had no hesitation in signing on the dotted line without even taking a test drive!!

Thanks for ur inf , I'm driving a 08 G37s too and just took the test drive on RC 350F Sport yesterday evening at lexus of clearwater , I stiil love the G37s more than RC 350F about driving and handing . How do think about these after u got the RC350 , can u have some compare between G37 and RC350 ? Thanks again
post #22 of 155 Old 11-09-2014, 11:55 PM

Some pics of my G37s and RC350F ( what I took the test drive on )

post #23 of 155 Old 11-10-2014, 12:11 AM

i got the problem with my iPad so i couldn't post those pics on this thread and idk why the admin just set up 10 min for the edit so i have to reply too much sry about that , here are the pics of my G37s and the RC350F what i took the test on

KingLuck likes this.

post #24 of 155 Old 11-10-2014, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
Love the red interior on that! Sharp!

So far here is what I can compare between the G37 and the RC.
Infiniti:
-more robust sounding exhaust when started in the garage
-simpler interior/dash - less beeps and bops if that is important to you
-bumpier ride because you can't take it out of sport mode so to speak
-my car specifically had issues with the brakes squealing from the start - nothing like dropping over $50K on a new car and having it squeak every morning leaving the garage

Lexus:
-throatier sound when you "get up on it" accelerating
-more intricate dash with lots of buttons to play with - my husband loves options!
-tight suspension when in sport mode but a luxurious ride all the other time
-I personally prefer the lines on the Lexus, the Infiniti is a little "round" on the edges. It will be interesting to see the new Infiniti G37 next year as I know it is getting a new body style.

Basically even between the cars:
-Even though the Infiniti had 330HP and the Lexus is 306HP I haven't noticed the difference yet. Keep in mind I am still letting the Lexus break in so I haven't really gotten to mash on it and truly play with the horses yet. Will report back later on that!
-Seats in both are incredibly comfortable and wrap you like a glove. My husband is 6'4" and I am 6'1" - neither of us have issues with leg room or headroom in either car.
chuongzzz likes this.
post #25 of 155 Old 11-10-2014, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I drove an IS250, and I have been waiting for a Lexus coupe. I am thrilled about the arrival of the RC, and in the process of leasing a RC350 F Sport.

I have driven BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, but I am attracted to Lexus because of the amount of thoughtfulness they put into designing their cars and reputation for reliability.
post #26 of 155 Old 11-10-2014, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the forum thinkwell! I just officially joined too but have been following information on the RC here for a year now. Hope you get your RC quickly and can start enjoying it. So far I'm love love loving mine.

I hear you about having a preference for Lexus. They really do spoil you rotten and produce a great product. I had test driven the IS a couple of times but always had a problem with the placement of the B post. Being 6'1" means you always have to have the seat as far back as possible which meant I scrapped my arse every single time I tried to get into the IS. Loved the interior and the look of the IS but the getting in/out was painful - literally! Now this lovely two door RC has massive doors that give me plenty of room to get my long legs in and even with the seat all the way back I don't hit the side of the car. In heaven out here in CO … well except this crappy cold front that hit today!
post #27 of 155 Old 11-10-2014, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
as an addition to my post on my new rc ...i went back the second day with a check .
they asked for my courtesy contract and i also gave them the original contract ( but i made copies ) which i gave them. i then gave them a check to pay the lease in full.

they gave me back a contract which they had shown me on a computer ON THE SAME DAY I BOUGHT THE CAR and had asked me to sign electronically which i did ........but when i was shown this contract the numbers that showed up later were not there .

when i got home and read it i discovered a new set of numbers that were not originally disclosed to me. under line F there was a RENT CHARGE for $3945.96
i fell for this old trick.
in short the up front payment came to $29.
the residual $37
total $66

i was originally told that if i paid in full,up front ,there would be no interest payments ---------THEY LIED BIG TIME .

i admit that they gave me the amount i would pay up front and residual . but they did not disclose in full the details of this rent charge.i acted and bought the car on the belief that all was proper .

that night i e-mailed all involved plus the GM and received a call the next day from the very nice salesman who told me that the GM had asked him to contact me.

. he said i had misunderstood. i did not . he offered to do anything to make me happy....i asked to return the car....he said ok. i told him i would be there the next day .

my wife did not want to go to the dealer again ......but i got a friend to take me that same day and i called them to tell them i would be there inside two hours (it is one hour drive ).

they called me back within 15 minutes as i was getting ready to leave .

bottom line , they offered to give me $2. off. and THEY admitted that even thou they stated that there would be no interest payments, there are such because is such a new car. this is BS...............

so , i took the offer ..........i like the car but i can always get another one someplace else ............maybe a can find an honest dealer and not a stealer . but this lack of ethics and underhanded maneuver has me upset. and i plan to follow thru .

( but i still have an ace to play as i know the family owners of this florida dealership and i am waiting to see them again to give them the situation , i do not want to embarass them but ????????? ) .

so,

i took the $2.0 discount but they did not admit to fraud which in my opinion this is what happened and as i talk to people i hear this is common .

i will be filing a report with Pam, the attorney general and the consumer fraud section. ( the atty. g. cannot do much other than refer me to the consumer protection bureau.)

i could have my lawyers file ...but it will cost me more than what they screwed me over . ...what they do not know is that i have the evidence in my phone and copies of all.

we will see how this plays out.
post #28 of 155 Old 11-10-2014, 10:55 PM

thanks for u guy sharing , i learn more about the car and them (lexus dealer)
post #29 of 155 Old 11-11-2014, 08:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Smile New owner !

Hello all,
Bought the RC 350 F sport for my girlfriend Saturday from the Lexus
dealer in Orlando. Paid full sticker (would not budge) but got a decent trade on her BMW 335i .
I love this car! Reminds me of my 1992 SC 300. I own a 2013 GS 350.
I know the RC has the same engine and specs as the GS, but feels much quicker! The 8 speed is really great and sport+ mode is really special.
We got the white with red interior. My gf likes this so much more than
the BMW, luxury with sport mode and a much better ride than the BMW.
The seats and interior are Lexus fantastic as usual. I don't think any new owners will be disappointed, at least with the F sport.
Now what about the V-8 coupe for me?
LOL
post #30 of 155 Old 11-11-2014, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Just bough a white F sport for my weekend car. Looking forward to adding wheels and coils soon.
Here is my previous car

Last edited by Lizard Breath; 11-11-2014 at 09:27 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page