RC350 Owner Feedback - Any Issues? - Page 2 - Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 38 Old 12-02-2014, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Maybe it's to help the fuel economy I'll probably be looking through the McMaster-Carr catalog for a lighter spring unless there's enough customer feedback that Lexus would provide a different version.

The service adviser said the car may "learn" your driving habits. After 800mi, not much has changed. What just came to mind is to change it up into one of the sport modes and see if it makes a difference?
post #12 of 38 Old 12-02-2014, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Hey there LeftLane - welcome to the forum! Hope you are loving your ride as much as I am.

I haven't noticed the pedal issue but will be dialed in paying attention next time I got out. Maybe it has to do with the weight? She is a little on the heavy side for a sports coupe?

One thing I have noticed regarding parking in my garage. I have to take into account that it will roll back about 2-3 inches after I put it in park and let off the brake. I like to completely butt my cars up to the door so I have tons of moving around room in front of them. Took me about a week to really get a feel for where I needed to stop to accommodate the roll. Silly I know but it was something to learn.

Have a great day!
Mila
post #13 of 38 Old 12-02-2014, 07:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Well thank you Mila! Yes, i couldn't love it more (ok maybe the V8 in the RC F would be sweet but...)

If you haven't noticed it, I don't want you looking for something. It's actually where the engine starts to power up. Once it does that, it's fine.

Just be careful about the garage door handle hitting the bumper! (shudder). I actually did that with my pickup truck.

post #14 of 38 Old 12-02-2014, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Yikes! That's not a good day to remember lol.

I actually put a nail in the garage wall and hung one of my hubby's old coats on it. Gives me the direct visual and helps protect that long door from hitting plywood or a 2x4 - that would make me have a seizure for sure
post #15 of 38 Old 12-04-2014, 07:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftLane View Post
Hi all. Just picked up my Ultrasonic Blue Mica F sport a few weeks ago and can't love it enough. The only "complaint" I have is that the accelerator pedal feel has two issues. First it feels like it's sprung way to heavily. It's close to being uncomfortable on my foot on longer drives. Second, it takes some distance pressing in to actually get the car to start moving. This is more pronounced/annoying in reverse!

Anyone notice the same thing?
Agreed. The most pronounced of the two for me is the distance pressing in...weird.
post #16 of 38 Old 12-12-2014, 01:11 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
The car is great no issues whatsoever if there was something to point out is fuel economy and thats it. Also, if you own one putting the car into eco its no fun at all!! and the exhaust note inside the cabin is great. I test drove the RCF man if I had extra cash definitly would've got RCF that car is so great. It gave me goosebumps from start to finish and the car goes and goes such a power and so dynamic. It gives you the excitment all the way and never want to stop driving. But, rc350 is great too and im no complaning
post #17 of 38 Old 12-12-2014, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyjeong View Post
The car is great no issues whatsoever if there was something to point out is fuel economy and thats it. Also, if you own one putting the car into eco its no fun at all!! and the exhaust note inside the cabin is great. I test drove the RCF man if I had extra cash definitly would've got RCF that car is so great. It gave me goosebumps from start to finish and the car goes and goes such a power and so dynamic. It gives you the excitment all the way and never want to stop driving. But, rc350 is great too and im no complaning

Would you ever consider getting an aftermarket exhaust?

I know how restrictive stock systems can be and tuners like Joe Z have done a great job with making systems for Lexus vehicles, some of the best in the game.

post #18 of 38 Old 12-12-2014, 10:41 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Yea, I would love to get an aftermarket exhaust but, not right now personally I think the stock exhaust is pretty great.
post #19 of 38 Old 12-13-2014, 04:02 PM
Banned

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilaDenverCO View Post
Hey there LeftLane - welcome to the forum! Hope you are loving your ride as much as I am.

I haven't noticed the pedal issue but will be dialed in paying attention next time I got out. Maybe it has to do with the weight? She is a little on the heavy side for a sports coupe?

One thing I have noticed regarding parking in my garage. I have to take into account that it will roll back about 2-3 inches after I put it in park and let off the brake. I like to completely butt my cars up to the door so I have tons of moving around room in front of them. Took me about a week to really get a feel for where I needed to stop to accommodate the roll. Silly I know but it was something to learn.

Have a great day!
Mila
how come you dont use the parking brake?
post #20 of 38 Old 12-13-2014, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I've never really been a parking brake kinda girl unless I'm on a hill. This is an ever so slight "lean" in the garage to keep water from pooling. Our driveway is a different story - always need the parking brake there - definite incline. Busted my tush more than once trying to shovel the darn thing

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page