User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 10-29-2014, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Lexus to release a RC F Convertible

Announced at the Lexus USA National Dealer Meeting in Los Angleles, Lexus will be releasing a RC F Convertible. We also learnt a few more interesting things from this meeting.

Lexus has confirmed a GS F model is in the works. That model should use the same 5.0-liter V8 engine as the RC F.

Toyota CEO Akio Toyoda celebrated 25 years of Lexus at the meeting as well.

Quote:
“Although this is an important anniversary for us, in many ways I consider it a kind of rebirth,” he said. “An opportunity to say ‘Ok, now what?’ Or perhaps more importantly, ‘What if?’ What if we really go after the competition? What if we exceed every customer expectation and then some? What if we develop technologies no one has even thought of yet? And what if we make cars that literally take your breath away? To me, Lexus should be a canvas for automotive artistry.”
Lexus RC F Convertible Planned » AutoGuide.com News

post #2 of 10 Old 10-29-2014, 02:05 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
I had a good feeling before that this would happen and it's good to see that they are indeed making it happen now. But would it be a hard top or soft top?
post #3 of 10 Old 10-29-2014, 04:21 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Knew it, they hinted at it a while ago as well...

Quote:
On the sidelines of the media preview at the Ryoguku Sumo Hall, RC chief engineer Junichi Furyama confirmed the BMW 4 Series rival - which should start rolling into showrooms in the second half of 2014 - had been engineered to be shorn of its roof.

However, while willing to reveal the rear-wheel drive two-door coupe boasted underbody bracing that would aid development of a replacement for the outdated IS 250C, Furyama was not prepared to confirm that a green light had been given to RC convertible production.

“We are preparing so if we decide to provide the convertible model from this it is possible from the engineering perspective,” he told motoring.com.au. “But there is no actual plan for a convertible.

“The main purpose of this car is to create an aggressive image for the Lexus brand. A hard top coupe is suitable for that purpose compared with a convertible, because a convertible is for older people.”

post #4 of 10 Old 10-29-2014, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
If the RC-F convertible is coming, then that must mean a lower-priced RC350 convertible is coming as well.
post #5 of 10 Old 10-29-2014, 07:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
If the RC-F convertible is coming, then that must mean a lower-priced RC350 convertible is coming as well.
undoubtedly, it will need to go head to head with the 435/428 drop head. Which by the way also makes me suspect we will be seeing their new 2.0L Turbo 4 pot in the RC.

RC200t vs 428i
RC350 vs 435i
RC-F vs M4

Logical no?
post #6 of 10 Old 10-29-2014, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonful View Post
undoubtedly, it will need to go head to head with the 435/428 drop head. Which by the way also makes me suspect we will be seeing their new 2.0L Turbo 4 pot in the RC.

RC200t vs 428i
RC350 vs 435i
RC-F vs M4

Logical no?
Perfectly logical. RC200t coupe should sell well, too.
post #7 of 10 Old 10-30-2014, 01:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
Perfectly logical. RC200t coupe should sell well, too.
I would imagine so, I will be curious to see if Lexus intends to manufacture a RC300h Cabrio. Although I'm not sure if they will be restricted by packaging, is there even enough space for battery packs, motors and a folding hard top? Me thinks no, however a cabrio hybrid would be a world first if I'm not mistaken...
post #8 of 10 Old 10-30-2014, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 267 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I've always preferred the hard top to the soft top. I think that it looks better when the roof is up. It does add more weight than the soft top, but that's something that I can deal with.

post #9 of 10 Old 10-31-2014, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Hard top is also what i'd go for and it's what i'm sure they will come out with, they have never made a soft top convertible and likely won't do it with the RC.
post #10 of 10 Old 11-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Banned

going off the rendering it will be BRUTAL... sorry, just not into it

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page