RC 350 F Sport coming soon.. - Page 3 - Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 39 Old 03-08-2015, 05:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
The sales guy at the local Lexus dealer here in Austin, TX also let me drive the RC out and about by myself 'unsupervised'.
post #22 of 39 Old 03-08-2015, 01:33 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybadger512 View Post
The sales guy at the local Lexus dealer here in Austin, TX also let me drive the RC out and about by myself 'unsupervised'.
you sure it wasnt our own corbin our resident lexus salesman LOL
corbinleedav likes this.
post #23 of 39 Old 03-09-2015, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Wink

Quote:
Heyyyy I am in sales at Lexus of Austin... Ask for me, Corbin Davenport... who knows maybe i am the one who helped you!

post #24 of 39 Old 03-09-2015, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Quote:
I guess he figured that an unsupervised drive in a coupe as sporty as the RC would be the best way to sell you on it... for all those unsupervised things that someone would do

post #25 of 39 Old 03-11-2015, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supratt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiho-Yoshizawa View Post
Hi, Supratt. Wow.. Australia? That's super cool, buddy. May I ask what city? Actually, I am from Montreal, Quebec, Canada and have lived in Los Angeles for the last 16 years. I have been to many States and no dealerships offer that kind of program of lending the car out for 24 hrs without buying or leasing it. I have only dealt with Toyota, Mazda, Acura, and Chevrolet. Don't get me wrong but some places may have that here in North America but I have yet to hear about it. Thanks for sharing your information though. Any dislikes about the RC350?
I'm in Sydney. I travel to the US about once a year. My next trip is in September to see Mark Knopfler in concert at the Colosseum in Las Vegas.

I haven't taken delivery of my car yet. I am having it specially built so it will be ready in about 4 weeks. I ordered it just before Christmas, so I can't wait!
Hi, supratt. That 4 weeks will be here in no time and happy for you, buddy. Please post some pictures and tell us what you really do and don't like about her. I am going to hold off on my purchase for at least 2-3 months. I am still deciding on what to get but my heart is still set on the RC350 F, Sport but I can't get the BMW M3, Sedan out of my mind. Uh.. decisions, decisions, decisions. Hehe.. what specific options did you request?
post #26 of 39 Old 03-11-2015, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi, supratt. On a side note, please enjoy your concert in Las Vegas in September. Have a great time in Sin City with the amazing night life, shopping, gambling, food, and shows. Just curious, how much is a RC350, F, Sport in Sydney go for? I was offered the Ultrasonic Blue Mica with Mark Levinson, Navi, floor mats, fog lights, and 2 more things for around $59000 tax included. I have not negotiated the price yet either. Just curious on what it goes for in another country. Thanks, buddy.
post #27 of 39 Old 03-11-2015, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Hi, supratt. That 4 weeks will be here in no time and happy for you, buddy. Please post some pictures and tell us what you really do and don't like about her. I am going to hold off on my purchase for at least 2-3 months. I am still deciding on what to get but my heart is still set on the RC350 F, Sport but I can't get the BMW M3, Sedan out of my mind. Uh.. decisions, decisions, decisions. Hehe.. what specific options did you request?
iv'e driven the M3 and own the RCF-SPORT honestly the M3 is a no BRAINER. aside from the power that trumps the f sport rc it drives like an animal.
post #28 of 39 Old 03-12-2015, 12:36 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Hi, supratt. On a side note, please enjoy your concert in Las Vegas in September. Have a great time in Sin City with the amazing night life, shopping, gambling, food, and shows. Just curious, how much is a RC350, F, Sport in Sydney go for? I was offered the Ultrasonic Blue Mica with Mark Levinson, Navi, floor mats, fog lights, and 2 more things for around $59000 tax included. I have not negotiated the price yet either. Just curious on what it goes for in another country. Thanks, buddy.
The F-Sport sells for between A$80-85k, taxes included, depending on the options. That works out to around US$60-64k, so it's not too much more than US prices, despite our "Luxury Car Tax" (seriously!) About $10k of the final price is taxes, dealer charges, registration, and compulsory insurance.

I got the $80,000 version which has everything except smart card key, lane departure warning, pre-collision warning, auto high beams and active cruise control. I didn't think those extras were worth $5k. I am getting the moonroof, and the tri-LED headlights are standard on the F-Sport. The AWD version is not sold in this country (it hardly snows anywhere in Australia), and the fog lights are not available either (it's not a very foggy place).

I've only seen one RC350 on the road so far, and I live in Sydney, which is the most populated city in the country. On the other hand, there are so many BMWs around that you don't even look twice. That's partly why I was so keen on the Lexus. Also, I've had an IS-250 for a few years and it is rock solid reliable, whereas my friend has had his 328i in for warranty repairs quite a few times.
post #29 of 39 Old 03-12-2015, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfresh_21 View Post
Quote:
iv'e driven the M3 and own the RCF-SPORT honestly the M3 is a no BRAINER. aside from the power that trumps the f sport rc it drives like an animal.
Hi, mfresh21. Hehe.. yes, the M3, is very lovely but as I mentioned earlier in my previous posts. German parts are so darn expensive and small repairs are ridiculous. Uh.. of course, in the long run, Japanese vehicles are trust worthy, reliable, easier to maintain but just lack the horsepower, slightly interior cosmetics, and navi screen size. Plus, the price difference is about $10-$15000+ for the M3 too. Hehe.. yes, I only test drove the 3 Series with twin turbo and it was freaking awesome. I am too intimidated to even test drive the M3 because I will only want it more Than the RC350.
post #30 of 39 Old 03-12-2015, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supratt View Post
Quote:
The F-Sport sells for between A$80-85k, taxes included, depending on the options. That works out to around US$60-64k, so it's not too much more than US prices, despite our "Luxury Car Tax" (seriously!) About $10k of the final price is taxes, dealer charges, registration, and compulsory insurance.

I got the $80,000 version which has everything except smart card key, lane departure warning, pre-collision warning, auto high beams and active cruise control. I didn't think those extras were worth $5k. I am getting the moonroof, and the tri-LED headlights are standard on the F-Sport. The AWD version is not sold in this country (it hardly snows anywhere in Australia), and the fog lights are not available either (it's not a very foggy place).

I've only seen one RC350 on the road so far, and I live in Sydney, which is the most populated city in the country. On the other hand, there are so many BMWs around that you don't even look twice. That's partly why I was so keen on the Lexus. Also, I've had an IS-250 for a few years and it is rock solid reliable, whereas my friend has had his 328i in for warranty repairs quite a few times.
Hi, supratt. Thank you very much for sharing your information with us. Wow, it does cost slightly higher than here in the US, but only by a few thousand. Since you previously had an IS250, it's a no BRAINER for you to upgrade. I also have a Toyota for 13+ years and no Problems at all. Even though it's not a sports car, I never had to worry about pricey repairs or major engineproblems.

As you mentioned that you have yet to see an RC350, in Sydney. I have never seen one around in Los Angeles either. I see Bimmers, all over and the most Lexus, vehicles I see are the suv RX350, and IS's. I have not seen the new mini suv either that looks like the upgraded Rav4. Sorry, I don't know the name off hand. Oh, the 2015 NX.

Too bad you don't have the fog lights as an option but since Australia had awesome weather. Hehe.. We also don't have the AWD in most dealerships in Southern California because it's not needed in sunny LA. That's what my salesman mentioned to me.

I can't wait to see and hear more about your new baby within the next few weeks. Hehe..

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page