RC 350 F Sport coming soon.. - Page 2 - Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum
User Tag List

 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 39 Old 03-04-2015, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Luther View Post
Congratulations. Can't wait till we get to see some pictures. Please do keep us updated.
Hi, Lex Luther. Thanks, buddy and sorry that I didn't respond to your message. I am still trying to get used to this Forum on my Samsung Note 3. Uh.. The typing on the keyboard is small. Yes, I will keep you guys posted as soon as I get this deal settled.Just playing the cat and mouse game with the salesman and manager now and waiting on a great price too.
Akiho-Yoshizawa is offline  
post #12 of 39 Old 03-04-2015, 10:54 AM
Senior Member
 
soarer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,404
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
I also have a samsung note 3, at least you're a major step ahead in having a phone great for browsing forums due to its size and all, but I think there's a Tapatalk APP for this forum which will make life easier...that is of course if you're not already using it.



soarer is offline  
post #13 of 39 Old 03-04-2015, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soarer View Post
I also have a samsung note 3, at least you're a major step ahead in having a phone great for browsing forums due to its size and all, but I think there's a Tapatalk APP for this forum which will make life easier...that is of course if you're not already using it.

Hi, Soarer. No, I just use Google Chrome to get on the forum. I am a little disappointed that the front two cup holders are NOT that big and the Samsung Note 3 does not fit in there. On my test drive, I had to put it into that small arm rest compartment box. Uh.. Most likely, I will have to find some kind of cell phone holder device where I can see it and not be a safety hazard while driving. Yes, it's a cup holder but people do buy larger drinks or have some kind of coffee or water bottle container. Oh, what are your thoughts about the interior layout and test drive?
Akiho-Yoshizawa is offline  
 
post #14 of 39 Old 03-04-2015, 08:43 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiho-Yoshizawa View Post
Hi, Soarer. No, I just use Google Chrome to get on the forum. I am a little disappointed that the front two cup holders are NOT that big and the Samsung Note 3 does not fit in there. On my test drive, I had to put it into that small arm rest compartment box. Uh.. Most likely, I will have to find some kind of cell phone holder device where I can see it and not be a safety hazard while driving. Yes, it's a cup holder but people do buy larger drinks or have some kind of coffee or water bottle container. Oh, what are your thoughts about the interior layout and test drive?
coming from a 2014 gs350 one of the things that i find uncomfortable with the interior layouts is the new touchpad. you kinda have to be in an awkward position to use it rather than where the gs350 had the old little mouse thing where it was far up right corner with a molding that you can rest your forearm on top of.

oh yeah and i feel like the lposition of the navi screen is flawed its down and in and the body molding kinda gos upward and blocks the bottom view of the screen. kinda hard to explain but anyone that owns one can tell you first hand.
mfresh_21 is offline  
post #15 of 39 Old 03-06-2015, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfresh_21 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiho-Yoshizawa View Post
Hi, Soarer. No, I just use Google Chrome to get on the forum. I am a little disappointed that the front two cup holders are NOT that big and the Samsung Note 3 does not fit in there. On my test drive, I had to put it into that small arm rest compartment box. Uh.. Most likely, I will have to find some kind of cell phone holder device where I can see it and not be a safety hazard while driving. Yes, it's a cup holder but people do buy larger drinks or have some kind of coffee or water bottle container. Oh, what are your thoughts about the interior layout and test drive?
coming from a 2014 gs350 one of the things that i find uncomfortable with the interior layouts is the new touchpad. you kinda have to be in an awkward position to use it rather than where the gs350 had the old little mouse thing where it was far up right corner with a molding that you can rest your forearm on top of.

oh yeah and i feel like the lposition of the navi screen is flawed its down and in and the body molding kinda gos upward and blocks the bottom view of the screen. kinda hard to explain but anyone that owns one can tell you first hand.
Hi, Mfresh21. Thanks for the heads up tip about the Navi. On my test drive, I didn't really play with the Navigation because I was too focused on the main console in front of me. Too bad the sales or management can't let us just sit in the car and play with the gadgets without being monitored. Yes, I do understand that it's the property of Lexus and safety issues. Unfortunately, the only way to really get to play with our new toy is buy it, right or lease? Hehe.. Any other problems you have that you don't like? Oh, how about driving and turning on the Air Conditioning? Does it feel like it takes away from the acceleration or driving experience?
Akiho-Yoshizawa is offline  
post #16 of 39 Old 03-06-2015, 06:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiho-Yoshizawa View Post
Hi, Mfresh21. Thanks for the heads up tip about the Navi. On my test drive, I didn't really play with the Navigation because I was too focused on the main console in front of me. Too bad the sales or management can't let us just sit in the car and play with the gadgets without being monitored. Yes, I do understand that it's the property of Lexus and safety issues. Unfortunately, the only way to really get to play with our new toy is buy it, right or lease? Hehe.. Any other problems you have that you don't like? Oh, how about driving and turning on the Air Conditioning? Does it feel like it takes away from the acceleration or driving experience?
Aren't you allowed to take the car for a test drive without the salesman watching you? My dealer let me have the car for a whole day and I could take it anywhere I liked. It's the only way to size it up properly and make sure it suits your needs.
supratt is offline  
post #17 of 39 Old 03-06-2015, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supratt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiho-Yoshizawa View Post
Hi, Mfresh21. Thanks for the heads up tip about the Navi. On my test drive, I didn't really play with the Navigation because I was too focused on the main console in front of me. Too bad the sales or management can't let us just sit in the car and play with the gadgets without being monitored. Yes, I do understand that it's the property of Lexus and safety issues. Unfortunately, the only way to really get to play with our new toy is buy it, right or lease? Hehe.. Any other problems you have that you don't like? Oh, how about driving and turning on the Air Conditioning? Does it feel like it takes away from the acceleration or driving experience?
Aren't you allowed to take the car for a test drive without the salesman watching you? My dealer let me have the car for a whole day and I could take it anywhere I liked. It's the only way to size it up properly and make sure it suits your needs.
Hi, Supratt. Hehe.. I wished that I could do that but I don't think we can in Southern California. If the salesman would had said that, I am pretty sure I would. It's a great idea but what state is your dealership in?
Akiho-Yoshizawa is offline  
post #18 of 39 Old 03-07-2015, 12:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiho-Yoshizawa View Post
Hi, Supratt. Hehe.. I wished that I could do that but I don't think we can in Southern California. If the salesman would had said that, I am pretty sure I would. It's a great idea but what state is your dealership in?
I'm in Australia.
supratt is offline  
post #19 of 39 Old 03-07-2015, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supratt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiho-Yoshizawa View Post
Hi, Supratt. Hehe.. I wished that I could do that but I don't think we can in Southern California. If the salesman would had said that, I am pretty sure I would. It's a great idea but what state is your dealership in?
I'm in Australia.
Hi, Supratt. Wow.. Australia? That's super cool, buddy. May I ask what city? Actually, I am from Montreal, Quebec, Canada and have lived in Los Angeles for the last 16 years. I have been to many States and no dealerships offer that kind of program of lending the car out for 24 hrs without buying or leasing it. I have only dealt with Toyota, Mazda, Acura, and Chevrolet. Don't get me wrong but some places may have that here in North America but I have yet to hear about it. Thanks for sharing your information though. Any dislikes about the RC350?
Akiho-Yoshizawa is offline  
post #20 of 39 Old 03-07-2015, 10:06 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiho-Yoshizawa View Post
Hi, Supratt. Wow.. Australia? That's super cool, buddy. May I ask what city? Actually, I am from Montreal, Quebec, Canada and have lived in Los Angeles for the last 16 years. I have been to many States and no dealerships offer that kind of program of lending the car out for 24 hrs without buying or leasing it. I have only dealt with Toyota, Mazda, Acura, and Chevrolet. Don't get me wrong but some places may have that here in North America but I have yet to hear about it. Thanks for sharing your information though. Any dislikes about the RC350?
I'm in Sydney. I travel to the US about once a year. My next trip is in September to see Mark Knopfler in concert at the Colosseum in Las Vegas.

I haven't taken delivery of my car yet. I am having it specially built so it will be ready in about 4 weeks. I ordered it just before Christmas, so I can't wait!

Last edited by supratt; 03-07-2015 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Typo
supratt is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome