6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 10-11-2015, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
well, now i've gone and done it..

well I wasn't interested in the RC-F because of the price, but that is the only thing that was holding me back; the rest of the car I was very interested in.. But ~$75,000+ was beyond what I was willing to spend on a car, while I can easily afford it, I can't justify and out the door price of over $85,000 for a car.

I test drove the RC350 F-Sport, but coming from a 425hp Chevy Camaro, which was preceded by a 425hp Chrysler 300SRT8, going to a 306hp V6, was very uninspiring. I configured one on the Lexus website and with all the options I wanted it was ~$58,000, with Taxes, License, Fees, etc it would have been ~$64,000.

The RC350 is a great car, but it just didn't have the power I wanted at the $58,000 price point.

Well C'est la vie as they say....

until:

scouring the wonderful internet I came across an RC-F w/premium package with 1,075 miles being sold for $65,000.

That couldn't be right.. could it???

Well turns out, someone bought the car, had it for about 2 weeks and their financing fell through, so the car was returned.

I went to see it, did a bit of haggling and walked out with and out the door price of ~$70,000, that's all fees, taxes and a 4-year maintenance plan.

Since I was using the money from my Camaro Lemon Law buy back and already had my financing lined up from my bank it was a cash deal from Lexus, since the car had already been titled by the DMV the dealership can't legally sell it as new, they have to sell it as used, and because it was under 6,000 miles it didn't qualify for the Lexus Certified Pre-Owned program, which means I didn't have to buy any type of warranty, because the new warranties are still in place as California law required them to be transferred to the 2nd owner at no charge for vehicles under 3yr/36,000 miles.

The car had been on the dealer lot since the return for nearly 90 days, I'm guessing because no one wanted to buy a "used" RC-F.

I'm not so picky, nearly $15,000 of the MSRP for a basically brand new car with 1,000 miles on it.. **** I'll take it.

While I am not really a fan of the red interior, it will grow on me. I couldn't pass up the deal.

The RC-F ended up costing me only $6,000 more than the RC350 F-Sport would have.. It truly was a deal I could not pass up.

So here is the RC-F at the dealer, I took this while they were prepping and detailing the car:

I'll get some pictures of it at it's new home, and the interior later today.

So far I have driven it 250 miles in the past 2 days and am in love with the car, while I miss my convertible. for the extra 50hp and the pure luxury and the fact that it is a Lexus, I'll get over it.
GearHeadPeter, Tony and mrjangle like this.

Last edited by Mr. iNCREDIBLE; 10-11-2015 at 01:13 PM.
post #2 of 15 Old 10-11-2015, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
Sweet ride! Congrats!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2017 INFINITI Q60 3.0 TWIN TURBO V6 AWD PREMIUM
post #3 of 15 Old 10-12-2015, 03:34 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Wow that's an amazing deal! I don't see why people would shy away from a great deal on a used car if it's almost brand new.

post #4 of 15 Old 10-12-2015, 04:16 AM

Garage
Yeah, but You truly don't know what the person did to the car before you bought it. My buddy was in the same situation, the dealer called him and told him that the financial department made a mistake and he no longer qualifies. (If he wanted it, he would have to down more with higher monthly payments which he opt out). Before returning it, he smashed the living **** out of it. Went from "I'm going to break it in, so no touge and passing 5k rpm till 1,000 mile mark." To "**** it, I'm going to return it anyways." used s mode all day, redlined, pretty much drove the car like a rentals car lol. Although you did get a **** of a deal. Who knows, maybe the guy was cool and respect it. Nice pick up man! Enjoy it!
post #5 of 15 Old 10-12-2015, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMRC View Post
Yeah, but You truly don't know what the person did to the car before you bought it. My buddy was in the same situation, the dealer called him and told him that the financial department made a mistake and he no longer qualifies. (If he wanted it, he would have to down more with higher monthly payments which he opt out). Before returning it, he smashed the living **** out of it. Went from "I'm going to break it in, so no touge and passing 5k rpm till 1,000 mile mark." To "**** it, I'm going to return it anyways." used s mode all day, redlined, pretty much drove the car like a rentals car lol. Although you did get a **** of a deal. Who knows, maybe the guy was cool and respect it. Nice pick up man! Enjoy it!

from what I gathered it was an older gentleman that was retired, he was above his retirement pay grade in this car, brought it back and took an ES model.

he had the windows tinted already, wheels are straight no rash, everything about the car is clean dealer did a Certified Pre-Owned Checklist on it and had it with the car.

tires still have the nubs on them, and the average MPG computer showed 18.7mpg as the rolling average since last reset.

This tells me it wasn't abused.

and even if it was, it is fully warrantied under the new car warranty, so Lexus will take care of me, and this dealership was outstanding helping me out.

They are 60 miles from me, the sales lady (smoking hot BTW) drove my other car home for me and had someone pick her up from my home.

They even sent their technology tech to my house Saturday to go over all the features of the car because by the time we were done with the paperwork it was well past 10pm and they dealer was closed.

The dealer went above and beyond, in all honesty having only ever owned American cars the treatment by the Lexus people was surreal, I've never experienced that type of customer service from a car company before. I'm almost 50 and have bought a lot of new and used cars in the last 30ish years, and never once experienced this level of service.
GearHeadPeter and mrjangle like this.
post #6 of 15 Old 10-12-2015, 10:15 PM

Garage
Haha sounds legit man! Yep. Lexus courtesy is hands down the best. Overall good pick man. If I had the money I would go for the rcf too haha. test drove a gtr yet? For 70 you could find a legit used.
post #7 of 15 Old 10-14-2015, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Yup, Lexus is the best in customer service and I've heard amazing stories but sometimes you get a financial department error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMRC View Post
Went from "I'm going to break it in, so no touge and passing 5k rpm till 1,000 mile mark." To "**** it, I'm going to return it anyways." used s mode all day, redlined, pretty much drove the car like a rentals car lol.
Can understand why your friend would be angry because it wasn't his fault. At least he had a fun day with it.
post #8 of 15 Old 10-14-2015, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Even Toyota dealers are amazing with their service, for the smallest of things too. Even right down to the greeters, they have it all on point.

post #9 of 15 Old 10-15-2015, 05:20 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Probably someone like me, I bought an RC350 and have had it 2 weeks...got it for sale
soarer likes this.
post #10 of 15 Old 10-15-2015, 02:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickHansen View Post
Probably someone like me, I bought an RC350 and have had it 2 weeks...got it for sale
Exactly how much did you end up getting it for?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page