Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner

Questions on buying a used Lexus RX 350

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  mark77 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to buy a luxury SUV that's used and has already depreciated away most of its value (why buy a low level trim 1-2 year old Toyota when I can get a much nicer 6-8 year old Lexus for the same price? ). I realize this is risky with many vehicles, but Lexus has a reputation for extreme reliability and low maintenance costs, which is why I'm leaning towards Lexus over brands like Acura, Volvo, and especially the German cars. I only drive about 10k miles per year.

It appears the Lexus RX 350 was redesigned in 2010, and from then, underwent only very minor changes until 2016 when it was redesigned again. I'm looking to keep my purchase under $20k and buy something that's depreciated most of its value already, so year 2015+ models are out for me. Is it worth it to just get a 2010 or 2011 Lexus RX 350? Browsing through used car listings, there seem to be a ton of them under $20k, some even under $17k. Do I need to worry about nightmare maintenance issues even if the vehicle has 90k miles on it, as long as I make sure it's properly inspected before I purchase?

Is there really anything in the 2011, 2012, 2013, or 2014 RX 350 models that makes them worth considering over the 2010? I don't care about the sportier grill on the 2013, the 2012 engine which operates at 87 octane fuel is a nice upgrade but I'd rather save a few grand by getting a 2010 or 2011. I don't care about a power lift gate either.

I know I want a backup camera, but it appears most of the 2010 and 2011 models have them, even if it wasn't standard in those years.

Are there any optional features on the 2010 or 2011 models that would be recommended, or features on the 2012 or 2013 models that might be worth looking at? I'm not sure what all the optional features are.

Thank you!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.