RC350 / RCF Owner's Manual Available for download 1 PDF file from Lexus - Page 3 - Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum
User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 52 Old 06-06-2015, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Good job with tracking your maintenance and actually doing it. That alone gives you a major leg up when going to sell, easier to find a buyer and easier to ask for a higher price since you'll stand out among the rest.

post #22 of 52 Old 06-07-2015, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soarer View Post
Good job with tracking your maintenance and actually doing it. That alone gives you a major leg up when going to sell, easier to find a buyer and easier to ask for a higher price since you'll stand out among the rest.
Thanks, and so true indeed. We're the 2nd owner of the ES330, and the person before us only had the car serviced at Lexus, and we can see every service from the very beginning though Lexus Enform. I also keep the car in very good condition as the dealer is always trying to buy our car, and says they can lower our payment. I have to remind them that you can't get much lower than $0, unless they want to give me a car. Any car that I could track the maintenance on from the beginning I never had a problem with. It was only cars that I could not verify everything that were a pain. Hence, buying new, or CPO only.

US Navy Vet
2015 RC 350 F-Sport
2004 ES330
1965 Ford Mustang Custom Fastback
post #23 of 52 Old 06-08-2015, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter View Post
Hi Akiho-Yoshizawa,

I figured I would stop all the quoting as it is getting quite long. LOL

My wife and I go to LA a few times a year so I will give you a shout and will definitely take you up on that tour. We are on the 4-10 schedule for the summer since I work as a Business Analyst at a college, and it is more cost efficient not to run the AC, etc. when we don't really have the same number of students in the Summer.

I was an E6 and never made that much money when I was in, but that was years ago. I too wish they would give a Veteran discount.

I just went past 4,000 miles, and my oil change with 0-20W synthetic at the dealer cost me $89.95 minus 10% for being a VIP member at that dealer. I take it to Lexus since I can have all the service verified when I go to either trade a car in or sell it, which you can also see on the Lexus Enform site. It is really cool site to use. The price really depends on the dealer, for example a brand new dealer will probably charge more since they have to pay that dealership off, whereas a dealer that has been in business for a while doesn't have the same overhead and can charge less. I really like the way Lexus treats you when you come in for service, and will probably never go back to a regular American car.

On the older Lexus (2004) I try to do the work myself as it saves a bunch of money, and I build 60's muscle cars for fun so I'm a pretty good mechanic. Older BMW's cost a bunch to maintain, and when I had mine I did the oil changes myself. If it wasn't for the fact that I could fix cars that BMW would have driven me to the poor house. Lexus is built to be reliable, and that is what I want.
Hi GearHeadPeter,

Good afternoon, how are you? And everybody else too on this Forum? $90 for a synthetic oil change +10% discount sounds very reasonable. For my Toyota Tacoma at the dealership would cost roughly $110 tax included. What a great deal for a Lexus, huh? Hopefully, for my RCF, it will be in your neighborhood price or at least under $150. If not, I do understand I am getting an $80000 sports coupe and a simple 5000 mile synthetic oil change is well worth it. Hehe..

That really comes in handy that you can fix, repair and do minor things as a mechanic. Unfortunately, I am super dumb when it comes to that field. Working on cars was never my cup of tea and can't tell tit from tat. Hehe.. put me out in the wilderness and I can survive with very little amenities but if you asked me to care for a child or fix a car, forget it. I do understand human beings have their strength and weaknesses, right?

4000 miles and have you noticed better gas mileage because it is broken in? Of course, since you are in Arizona and have to use the AC. To tell you the truth, I have had my Tacoma for 13+ years and NEVER HAD TO REFILL my AC Freon. Being in Southern California, it gets hella hot and I blast the heck out of it and it still runs brand spanking new. Also, since your RC350 is a V6, do you notice a huge drop off in horsepower once you engage the AC? For my 2002 Tacoma, being a V6 190HP, it does take some power away but I only feel it in the acceleration when I am stopped. I try only to turn the AC on on the freeway. Plus, it is a truck, not a sports coupe and my torque is pretty good compared to a normal car.

Yes, please let me know the next time you and the wife are in Los Angeles. It would be my pleasure to meet you and give you a tour @Space X. Just a reminder that I can only do it on Sundays or one of my weekday off. My schedule is really hectic from 330pm-4am, Monday to Friday. Saturday is 12pm-6pm. Just giving you heads up on my crazy work hours and I do sleep in the day time and work nights. I am pretty much like a vampire or zombie with the exception of sucking blood and eating brains. Hehe.. I love those horror gore movies. Oh, Kobe Bryant and Bono from U2 were at Space X last week. I have also met or seen James Cameron, Morgan Freeman, Will Smith, Bruce Jenner (or whatever the Fu** he/she is), Will I Am, from Black Eyed Peas, Robert Downey Jr., and numerous politicians and NASA, and Generals from the Military.

post #24 of 52 Old 06-08-2015, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiho-Yoshizawa View Post
Hi GearHeadPeter,

Good afternoon, how are you? And everybody else too on this Forum? $90 for a synthetic oil change +10% discount sounds very reasonable. For my Toyota Tacoma at the dealership would cost roughly $110 tax included. What a great deal for a Lexus, huh? Hopefully, for my RCF, it will be in your neighborhood price or at least under $150. If not, I do understand I am getting an $80000 sports coupe and a simple 5000 mile synthetic oil change is well worth it. Hehe..

That really comes in handy that you can fix, repair and do minor things as a mechanic. Unfortunately, I am super dumb when it comes to that field. Working on cars was never my cup of tea and can't tell tit from tat. Hehe.. put me out in the wilderness and I can survive with very little amenities but if you asked me to care for a child or fix a car, forget it. I do understand human beings have their strength and weaknesses, right?

4000 miles and have you noticed better gas mileage because it is broken in? Of course, since you are in Arizona and have to use the AC. To tell you the truth, I have had my Tacoma for 13+ years and NEVER HAD TO REFILL my AC Freon. Being in Southern California, it gets hella hot and I blast the heck out of it and it still runs brand spanking new. Also, since your RC350 is a V6, do you notice a huge drop off in horsepower once you engage the AC? For my 2002 Tacoma, being a V6 190HP, it does take some power away but I only feel it in the acceleration when I am stopped. I try only to turn the AC on on the freeway. Plus, it is a truck, not a sports coupe and my torque is pretty good compared to a normal car.

Yes, please let me know the next time you and the wife are in Los Angeles. It would be my pleasure to meet you and give you a tour @Space X. Just a reminder that I can only do it on Sundays or one of my weekday off. My schedule is really hectic from 330pm-4am, Monday to Friday. Saturday is 12pm-6pm. Just giving you heads up on my crazy work hours and I do sleep in the day time and work nights. I am pretty much like a vampire or zombie with the exception of sucking blood and eating brains. Hehe.. I love those horror gore movies. Oh, Kobe Bryant and Bono from U2 were at Space X last week. I have also met or seen James Cameron, Morgan Freeman, Will Smith, Bruce Jenner (or whatever the Fu** he/she is), Will I Am, from Black Eyed Peas, Robert Downey Jr., and numerous politicians and NASA, and Generals from the Military.
I'm doing great. Man those are some crazy hours you work. When in the Navy I was a night shift supervisor and we would work from 7 PM to 7 AM so I hear you about being a Zombie. So do you watch the "Walking Dead"? I love that show and there is another one called "Z Nation" that is a bit more humorous kind of like Zombieland.

I just ordered a new Strut Tower brace from Tanabe to stiffen up the front a bit more. We don't have kids, does a dog count? Just kidding, but I know what you mean. We all have strengths and weaknesses. I learned to do wrenching when I was a kid, and since being in the Military and not getting paid much you have to know how to fix your car or not have any money for fun. Now I can afford to take it in, but I still like to wrench on certain aspects of it to save money so I can buy go fast parts for the 65 Mustang or the RC350, and of course go on vacations.

Like I said I drive the car like I stole it with quick take offs when safe, and fun on the on ramps. I use the Sport + and the paddle shifters a lot, but the gas mileage is still pretty good. I average 22 MPG combined city/highway, and if there is no traffic I can get 33 MPG in ECO mode. That mode is not used very often as it is too much fun driving the car in Sport +. Now you can see why if I had the RCF I would be walking about now. LOL

Even with the AC on I do not notice any significant decrease in HP or even mileage. Once summer really hits it will be over 110 degrees for about 60 days, and even the nights will be above 100 still. I will definitely be using the Remote Start then for sure. I feel like once I die I will go to Heaven as I've spent my time in H*ll already.

WOW, seeing all the celebrities and playing with the cool rocket stuff is a very cool job indeed. Don't worry we will give you plenty of notice before a visit. Have a great week.

US Navy Vet
2015 RC 350 F-Sport
2004 ES330
post #25 of 52 Old 06-09-2015, 05:45 PM

Hi GearHeadPeter,

My turn to stop the long quotes. Hehe.. Anyways, yes, I am very lucky, fortunate, and had a great recommendation to join Space X from a Supervisor. Sometimes, in life, it's not what you know, it's who you know. Plus, with my Military Background, it opens up lots of doors for me. I just wished lots of these young punks and spoiled brats would join at least 2 years in the Military to see what and how valuable life can be when you have nothing but yourself to rely on.

Also, I forgot to mention that we can knock out 2 birds with 1 stone when you visit Space X. The Tesla Super Charging Station and R&D Headquarters is right next door to us. Heck, we might even bump into some celebrity or VIP. hehe..

Wow, 33mpg on Economy Mode is freaking awesome and you average 23mpg on others is very good. I am not expecting big numbers on the RCF, but driving a V8 is going to consume lots of gas. Luckily, my drive to work is only 20 miles each way with no traffic because of my 2nd shift hours.

You mentioned about installing a Tanabe Strut Tower. What exactly does it help do? Is it for a smoother and tighter balanced ride? Are those expensive? Lucky enough you are a mechanic and can install it yourself. I am keeping my RCF all stock and the only thing I will add aftermarket is a window tint. I don't want to void my warranty and attract to much attention from law enforcement and the DMV, with a noisy muffler, smog not passing, or having it lowered to have my bottom scraped with all these dips and pot holes in Los Angeles area's. Hehe..

Oh, do you have the Mark Levinson & Navigation upgrade? How is that option? If you have it.
post #26 of 52 Old 06-10-2015, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
That sounds outstanding. I understand what you mean about about the military and today's youth. Less than 1/2 of 1% of the population has ever joined the military. Doesn't seem quite fair, but we joined. I also agree that everyone should be made to serve 2 years to give them appreciation of what it takes to be free, and also make them grow up. But that will never happen will it?

With regard to gas mileage on my 65 Mustang Fastback I installed a modern 5-speed, and more than doubled my gas mileage. At 70 MPH I get 21 MPG and that is with a carburetor not direct injection. Now it is only 325 HP, but there is nothing monitoring anything, so the RC F should get at least 21 on the highway in Eco mode as long as you don't get the devil horns on the on ramp.

When I got the XPEL paint protection film put on the GM and Sales Mgr. of Tesla stopped by the shop to pick up their car, and when they saw my RC350 Black on Black they were blown away and said they wanted one. I told them to go to the Lexus dealer and get one. They said if they had something that looked that good on their lot they would not be able to keep them in stock. That's a good compliment.

The Strut Tower brace is to stiffen up the front end so that it does not flex when in the curves. It was not expensive at all as I got mine for $129 shipped from CA. It's coming in today. Other than installing OEM lighted door sills, window tint, and a CAI it is stock. In AZ the CAI will not be an issue for Smog, but in CA who knows. It is very easy to swap out, and makes the car so so much more aggressive. I'll post up a video of it this week so you can hear it. The tower brace is really easy to install as you take off 6 nuts, remove the dust cover for the front strut, and put on the brace. Install the nuts, torque them down and you are done. Easy, peasy. Like you I'm not going to lower it as it is hard to not bottom out when pulling in the garage.

Yes, I have the Mark Levinson & Navigation upgrade. I really like it, others don't think it is worth it, and think aftermarket is better. To me having 17 speakers and 825 watts is good for me. Like anything if you don't have it setup correctly it won't sound as good as it can be. Me, I have it setup great. At level 30 I can make the rear view mirror dance, and my pants leg move with each bass note.
thepro78 likes this.

US Navy Vet
2015 RC 350 F-Sport
2004 ES330

Last edited by GearHeadPeter; 06-10-2015 at 01:57 PM.
post #27 of 52 Old 06-10-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter View Post
That sounds outstanding. I understand what you mean about about the military and today's youth. Less than 1/2 of 1% of the population has ever joined the military. Doesn't seem quite fair, but we joined. I also agree that everyone should be made to serve 2 years to give them appreciation of what it takes to be free, and also make them grow up. But that will never happen will it?

With regard to gas mileage on my 65 Mustang Fastback I installed a modern 5-speed, and more than doubled my gas mileage. At 70 MPH I get 21 MPG and that is with a carburetor not direct injection. Now it is only 325 HP, but there is nothing monitoring anything, so the RC F should get at least 21 on the highway in Eco mode as long as you don't get the devil horns on the on ramp.

When I got the XPEL paint protection film put on the GM and Sales Mgr. of Tesla stopped by the shop to pick up their car, and when they saw my RC350 Black on Black they were blown away and said they wanted one. I told them to go to the Lexus dealer and get one. They said if they had something that looked that good on their lot they would not be able to keep them in stock. That's a good compliment.

The Strut Tower brace is to stiffen up the front end so that it does not flex when in the curves. It was not expensive at all as I got mine for $129 shipped from CA. It's coming in today. Other than installing OEM lighted door sills, window tint, and a CAI it is stock. In AZ the CAI will not be an issue for Smog, but in CA who knows. It is very easy to swap out, and makes the car so so much more aggressive. I'll post up a video of it this week so you can hear it. The tower brace is really easy to install as you take off 6 nuts, remove the dust cover for the front strut, and put on the brace. Install the nuts, torque them down and you are done. Easy, peasy. Like you I'm not going to lower it as it is hard to not bottom out when pulling in the garage.

Yes, I have the Mark Levinson & Navigation upgrade. I really like it, others don't think it is worth it, and think aftermarket is better. To me having 17 speakers and 825 watts is good for me. Like anything if you don't have it setup correctly it won't sound as good as it can be. Me, I have it setup great. At level 30 I can make the rear view mirror dance, and my pants leg move with each bass note.
Hi GearHeadPeter,

Yes, I totally agree with today's youth who are pretty much worthless, spoiled, has no responsibility, no respect and just want to party, smoke weed, drop ecstasy and all that junk in their system. Don't get me wrong, lots of good kids out there too hut we should give these wanna be thugs and losers off the street and train them into real men and human beings with Dignity, Honor and Purpose of Life. Sorry for the rants and going off topic but since we were on that topic. Hehe.. anyways, back to what is more important, Lexus.

Those are some great numbers on your 65 Mustang in gas mileage and updated stick shift. That is so funny to hear that a GM and sales manager liking the RC350. Too bad they couldn't see an RC F. hehe.. they would have an orgasm right there on the spot. I just found out that a friend of mine just bought a used Tesla, for $64800 from shipped from Ohio. He had to fly out there, test drive it and have it shipped to Los Angeles. A brand new one with his options were well over $110000 but he can easily afford one because he is a Chiropractor Doctor but having two kids, wife and a mortgage, no such freedom.

I still tease all my close friends about getting married too early and having kids while I am roaming free with no responsibilities, no guilt, no burden, no BS from the wife and children financial must savings. No way in **** that a woman can tie me down to have kids, no matter how hot or sexual she is. Oh crap, off topic again, sorry, buddy.

Yes, I totally agree with you on the Mark Levinson and navigation upgrade. I don't need to shop around for an aftermarket and mess around with people tampering with my Lexus, dashboard and electronics, except for certified Lexus techs. Plus, with the Lexus warranty, we are fully covered with their stock options. My only main complaint is that small 7 inch screen. I do wished is wad at least 10 inches wide screen because that space is just wasted there.

Just curious, what type of music do you listen to? I am into Asian music, EDM, and Rave mainly. I do understand that some music sounds better with the right settings. On my RCF, test drive, I put on some EDM, Krewella, and the sales guy liked it but I didn't blast it and it sounded crystal clear. Once I got back into my Tacoma I could definitely hear the difference with the same songs. Well, it is $1500+ upgrade and 17 speakers.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your new upgrades on your RC350. Once again, Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts, information and knowledge on your RC350 and car experience, GearHeadPeter. Please have a great day and drive safely, ok? Hehe.. Please don't unleash that speed demon within you. Unless, it's on the Playstation 4 or Xbox consoles. Wink-wink.. ;-)
post #28 of 52 Old 06-10-2015, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Hi Akiho-Yoshizawa,

When I bought my RC350 in early December it was the first one they sold, and an RC F was also sold during the same time. For AZ it was the first of each. The RC F was Grey, and the new owner had it fully wrapped in the color you see. See the pic I attached. Mine is the one on the left of course.

My wife and I don't have any kids, and we both didn't want one. So we are DINKS (Double Income No Kids).

Don't worry about roaming off topic, we all do it when we have something to be passionate about and want to say.

I retrofitted a 2013 MyLink (Touch screen DVD player with NAV) into my 2011 Camaro last year. I wrote the install DIY, and video tapped the entire process for a friend who sold them online. What was nice about it was about 8" diagonal and it was touch screen, which is what I hoped that Lexus would put in as there are too many menus to go thought to get where you want sometimes. I like all kinds of music, but am partial to Classic Rock, Blues, some new Age when stuck in traffic to calm me down, and RAP when I feel a dark side come over me like when getting on the on ramps. LOL I agree with the warranty issues about the Lexus system and wouldn't change it as I couldn't get any support for the MyLink since it was never installed in my car to begin with.

I can't guarantee not unleashing the inner speed demon. When in Maranello, Italy 2 years ago I was offered a chance to drive a California Ferrari. The copilot was a Ferrari driver, and kept telling me to pass on blind curves, which I wouldn't do, but they do it all the time there. I finally got on the freeway, and was able to do over 180 while passing a truck and two cars on a long straightway, and had the time of my life. I'm glad the wife decided to stay behind as she would have had a heart attack. Since then the inner speed demon was awakened. It didn't help any going to the Miller Motor Sports complex in Utah last year where I participated in a 2 day driving course of the Boss 302 Mustangs. I will however temper the speed demon, and keep it for the on ramps, and maybe when I need to pass every now and then. More New Age music for soothing the inner speed demon. LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	belllexus_e_a003084343.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	1818  

US Navy Vet
2015 RC 350 F-Sport
2004 ES330

Last edited by GearHeadPeter; 06-10-2015 at 09:05 PM.
post #29 of 52 Old 06-11-2015, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Garage
I see Bromance going on here!!!!

how do you get 23MPG average and drive it like you stole it???? I have never gotten more than 19MPG
post #30 of 52 Old 06-11-2015, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepro78 View Post
I see Bromance going on here!!!!

how do you get 23MPG average and drive it like you stole it???? I have never gotten more than 19MPG
It's a Veteran thing.

As far as the MPG goes I jump on the gas pedal when getting on the freeway, and once I get into the slot I want I drop it in 8th gear. I just downshift to 6th to pass as necessary. If I have to get pass faster I drop it to 4th, and up to 8th quickly. I drive 20 miles in 8th until I get off the freeway and have fun again for the last 2 miles. Repeat going home.

Maybe the CAI helps as I've noticed I'm getting about 3 MPG more since I installed it.

US Navy Vet
2015 RC 350 F-Sport
2004 ES330

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page