• 1 Post By karson

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 12-27-2014, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
direct competition includes the S5

it may speak to the people here why theres no mention of an obvious competitor in the audi S5. they are very similar and in the same category as is the prospective buyer. I think the S5 is a very good car but the rc f- is more than a match for it.
post #2 of 8 Old 12-29-2014, 12:14 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
It also includes the Mustang GT. Shop what you want, its your price point.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-29-2014, 03:00 PM

Sorry, but I have to disagree with both of you (OneofOne & spoonful).
First, only the RC-350 F Sport would compete directly with S5, not the RC-F. The S5 is higher in price (~$6K more) but also has about 30 more hp. The RC-F would compete with the RS5.

To the other point, luxury coupes do not compete directly with "muscle cars" as they are mainly built around horsepower vs. refinement for luxury sport coupes. Even the RC-F has a relatively underpowered V-8; more evidence that total power was not their main objective.

As for the price point similarity, a Mustang GT and a RC-350 are miles apart on the power vs. luxury scale. Basically, it comes down to the old question of would you rather have "show" or "go". Admittedly, the RC-F seems to offer both...

post #4 of 8 Old 12-29-2014, 03:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta RC View Post
Sorry, but I have to disagree with both of you (OneofOne & spoonful).
First, only the RC-350 F Sport would compete directly with S5, not the RC-F. The S5 is higher in price (~$6K more) but also has about 30 more hp. The RC-F would compete with the RS5.

To the other point, luxury coupes do not compete directly with "muscle cars" as they are mainly built around horsepower vs. refinement for luxury sport coupes. Even the RC-F has a relatively underpowered V-8; more evidence that total power was not their main objective.

As for the price point similarity, a Mustang GT and a RC-350 are miles apart on the power vs. luxury scale. Basically, it comes down to the old question of would you rather have "show" or "go". Admittedly, the RC-F seems to offer both...
If they can compare the M3 to a GT the RC can certainly be tossed into that bucket as well. Especially with the new '15s out. Not sure if you spent any time with the '15 but that is well hammered together vehicle.

Anything competes with anything if its competing for the same chunk of change in your (or someone else's) bank account...
post #5 of 8 Old 12-29-2014, 05:35 PM

@spoonful
You're right. If someone were to compare an M4 with a GT, then an RC-F would also work. Though, I'm not sure why anyone would purposesly compare them, other than for perfomance comparison, as they are marketed to very different clientele.

For example, I bought the RC-350 F Sport for just under $60K w/TT&L. For that price point, give or take a few thousand, I could have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT 500. However, 600+ horsepower doesn't appeal to me unless it's wrapped in a luxury package.

I would also suspect that MOST others that are in the market for luxury sport coupes wouldn't consider the Mustangs, Camaros, or Challengers either. It just comes down to knowing your audience and effectively marketing to them. The general Mustang market is a different sect than the general luxury market. "General" being the operative word, of course.
post #6 of 8 Old 12-30-2014, 10:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta RC View Post
@spoonful
You're right. If someone were to compare an M4 with a GT, then an RC-F would also work. Though, I'm not sure why anyone would purposesly compare them, other than for perfomance comparison, as they are marketed to very different clientele.

For example, I bought the RC-350 F Sport for just under $60K w/TT&L. For that price point, give or take a few thousand, I could have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT 500. However, 600+ horsepower doesn't appeal to me unless it's wrapped in a luxury package.

I would also suspect that MOST others that are in the market for luxury sport coupes wouldn't consider the Mustangs, Camaros, or Challengers either. It just comes down to knowing your audience and effectively marketing to them. The general Mustang market is a different sect than the general luxury market. "General" being the operative word, of course.
For sure, and if this was last year I would of FULLY agreed with you, but the new Mustang is different. They need it to succeed in Europe, they tried to class it up a bunch to compete in the company car market with Audi's and Beemers. No it will never be an out and out luxury product, but the leather is nice, the layout is well done and all the touch points are pleasing. Full marks in my book!
post #7 of 8 Old 07-14-2018, 02:41 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for sharing this thread. Really, very useful for all users.

Profile Cosmetic Surgery Centre is the only centre that is able to provide the best class cosmetic surgery treatment. Senior cosmetic surgery expert Dr Vikas Gupta has more than 30 years of experience and dedication to provide best class surgery. We have al superlative treatment facilities for cur you the best.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-20-2020, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Troytp10 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page