1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 09-15-2014, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Cool RC 350 VS the C7 Corvette

Thought I would throw this in here because that is the Decision I am making.

One performance GT vehicle vs another. Obviously the Corvette is a different class but for me it is a consideration for $60K plus
post #2 of 12 Old 09-16-2014, 10:13 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbong View Post
Thought I would throw this in here because that is the Decision I am making.

One performance GT vehicle vs another. Obviously the Corvette is a different class but for me it is a consideration for $60K plus
Interesting, I would of thought at least the RC-F vs the C7, not the 350, but hey regardless its your money

It depends on what your needs are. Will you need to make compromises to your desires with either the RC or the C7. I can see the RC offering a bit more practicality yes but if I'm going with pure bred lust and desire its C7 all 8 days a week

Of course that may not be logical... (welcome to the site BTW)
post #3 of 12 Old 09-16-2014, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
that' what i was also thinking....RC-F vs C7....throwing the RC350 in their doesn't make it fair game.

post #4 of 12 Old 09-17-2014, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soarer View Post
that' what i was also thinking....RC-F vs C7....throwing the RC350 in their doesn't make it fair game.
NO it doesn't on it's face. But i would not be buying a Z06 Vette or even a Z51,Just a base 2LT GT style Coupe. That is why i used the RC350 as it was not about performance inas much as creature comforts and an eye catching theme.

I think the Lexus is a classier eye catcher. The Vette almost looks like a "kit Car"
Tony likes this.
post #5 of 12 Old 09-17-2014, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
have you had the chance to drive a C7 vette as yet?
post #6 of 12 Old 11-10-2014, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.L.T. View Post
have you had the chance to drive a C7 vette as yet?
Yeah I drove a couple. Not really impressed the Despite my expereince with the Vettes good reliability , I am not impressed with GM service. The more I see the C7, the more I like my C6. They look too much like a kit car to me. . I am thinking of the RC as my last sporty car. Don't need the F Sport. Already having that sort of experience with the Vette.

My plan right now is to sell my 08 Vette in the Spring and buy the new 2016 MX5 when it arrives and when my CRV lease is up in 26 months, replace both with a certified RC350.

I still want a two seat roadster convertible for now but in a more reliable (read non GM) fun old style MG package rather than 400+ HP race car. The 2016 Mazda MX5 looks to fit the bill for a couple years.

(The Lexus 3.5 will seem like a rocket compared to the MX5 when I am done with the roadster )

The wife loves her Rav 4 .I am retired and have three vehicles on my side of the garage and nowhere to go everyday (one is a bike) I will likely give up the Harley as well and drive the RC350 into my 60's.

That's the plan anyway,

Last edited by Tbong; 11-10-2014 at 11:16 PM.
post #7 of 12 Old 11-11-2014, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Yup, RC is definitely a rocket when compared to the MX5, but that is a vehicle that is more for low speed fun rather than anything the RC is capable of.
post #8 of 12 Old 11-11-2014, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.L.T. View Post
Yup, RC is definitely a rocket when compared to the MX5, but that is a vehicle that is more for low speed fun rather than anything the RC is capable of.
Yeah. I have had my fill of "0-60 in 4 seconds" I feel like after 35 years of riding bikes injury free now that I am retired I don't want to push my luck and the MX5 will be a nice bridge out of the bike and to a used certified Lexus RC in maybe in the mid to late 30's in a couple years. Coupes tend to be hard sellers used. Most people need the function of four doors or an SUV.

The new 2016 MX5 is not your daughter's car anymore in design, Mazda has man carded the car. The only thing I don;t know is what the power ratio will be, I test drove a 2014 and it was a "fun" car in the twistys, not fast by any stretch.

Who knows maybe the F Sport will be within reasonable reach........
post #9 of 12 Old 11-12-2014, 01:13 PM
Banned

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
No the MX-5 will never snap your neck with acceleration, but it willl certainly swell your heart through the bendy bits..
post #10 of 12 Old 01-06-2015, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Garage
I considered the C7 before I got my RC350 F-Sport. What made it easier to buy the RC was the fact that I had legroom, all 45.6" of it. In the C7 with the seat all the way back the dash was 1/2" from my knee. The C7 is a good car if you are under 5' 9", as anyone taller will have to be folded into it, and I'm 6' 1".

US Navy Vet
2015 RC 350 F-Sport
2004 ES330
1965 Ford Mustang Custom Fastback

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page