1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 08-26-2015, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Lexus RC F Is The Hot Chipotle BBQ Flavor

Automo Blog has driven both the RC F and the RC 350 and here's how they compare the two:

Quote:
If the new Lexus RC F Coupe was the hot Chipotle BBQ flavor, the 2015 Lexus RC 350 Coupe is the medium flavor but still very tasty.
We ate until our hearts were content.

We’ve driven both now but we would pick the milder version over the hotter RC F as the best for performance for the dollar. There’s plenty of competition out there for performance from the Audi A5, BMW 4 Series, Mercedes-Benz C-Class coupe, and Cadillac ATS coupe but the Lexus holds its own
Of course there's more to the review than this it's an amusing way to sum up their findings. Here's the full review: 2015 Lexus RC 350 F SPORT Coupe Review
post #2 of 13 Old 08-26-2015, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 267 Post(s)
This review...

Are we really comparing cars to "hot Chipotle BBQ flavors"? Is that really telling us anything?

How did he test the car? By licking it?

post #3 of 13 Old 08-26-2015, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Luther View Post
This review...

Are we really comparing cars to "hot Chipotle BBQ flavors"? Is that really telling us anything?

Seems like they're trying to say is, it doesn't sit at the top of its segment and not at the bottom but slots right into the middle after comparing it.

post #4 of 13 Old 08-27-2015, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Their plenty more to the review than their odd comparison and it's great for giving people a general idea on the differences between the RC 350 and the RF F.

Quote:
The Lexus RC 350 handled extremely well in the curves as we tested the coupe on mountain roads. The 306hp V6 has enough power for most driving enthusiasts and we had no problem powering past slower drivers going up I-70, into the mountains, at altitude.
If you want the more “torquey” response of the turbocharged engines used by rivals, you may want to look elsewhere, but the naturally aspirated engine in the Lexus RC 350 has a smooth, linear acceleration feel suited for daily driving.

ECO mode, predictably, feels wimpy as its primary goal is fuel economy.

However, we spent most of the week in Normal mode which is good for commuting, but when we turned the dial to Sport, the RC 350 came alive. We were able to use the paddle shifters and change gears manually for spirited driving.
Sykes likes this.
post #5 of 13 Old 08-27-2015, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
This review...

Parallel thinking and pattern recognition are the hallmarks of intelligence...

The technical term is a similie
post #6 of 13 Old 08-27-2015, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 267 Post(s)
I am aware of what a simile is (which you spelt wrong by the way -- good spelling is also a hallmark of intelligence).

The thing I am having a problem with is why we are comparing to this particular flavor. I have no opinion or knowledge of this flavor and so the simile doesn't really mean much to me.

post #7 of 13 Old 08-27-2015, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Quote:
I am aware of what a simile is (which you spelt wrong by the way -- good spelling is also a hallmark of intelligence).

The thing I am having a problem with is why we are comparing to this particular flavor. I have no opinion or knowledge of this flavor and so the simile doesn't really mean much to me.
Well then, thanks to spell check i'm intelligent as fawk!

What to you would be better for a comparison, something you're familiar with?

post #8 of 13 Old 08-28-2015, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Flavors aside, I think it's a great review. Was not aware that the RC 350 had a Snow Drive Mode. It also needs premium fuel to run but that shouldn't be an issue for most of us because we're already paying around 55k for it.
post #9 of 13 Old 08-28-2015, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexinator View Post
Flavors aside, I think it's a great review. Was not aware that the RC 350 had a Snow Drive Mode. It also needs premium fuel to run but that shouldn't be an issue for most of us because we're already paying around 55k for it.
Yeah that's given, with the engine it has there's just about no choice other than premium, not sure what the effect would be of tuning it for regular but i trust the call they made here.
post #10 of 13 Old 08-31-2015, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Never actually heard of anyone tuning their engines for regular fuel as most people I know just follow the company fuel suggestion. What are the general issues accompanying that change?
Also think the Navigation package is negligible ($2,610) because I have my own GPS along with Google maps on my phone.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page