1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 Old 08-31-2015, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexinator View Post
Never actually heard of anyone tuning their engines for regular fuel as most people I know just follow the company fuel suggestion. What are the general issues accompanying that change?
Also think the Navigation package is negligible ($2,610) because I have my own GPS along with Google maps on my phone.
Is the navigation system only the navigation system, or is it any more than that? $2,610+ seems expensive for that when your phone does exactly the same thing, probably better.

post #12 of 13 Old 09-01-2015, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
It also includes the Lexus Enform connection services but I'm not sure if you have to subscribe to it or not after the first year. Enform includes safety connect, service connect, remote, destinations and app suites. They go into more detail on their official site: Lexus Enform

I still think it's negligible.
post #13 of 13 Old 09-01-2015, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 267 Post(s)
I think that navigation should almost be standard on luxury vehicles. Really, its just a maps program, and considering that is absolutely free on your phone, I don't see how Lexus can justify this cost.

I think the real problem is Google has an amazing maps program, but it didn't happen over night. Unless companies make a deal with Google (likely for AndroidAuto), it is a big cost and effort to do your very own maps and navigation system.

Another way Google is positioned well to have an influence in the auto industry in the future.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page