User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-13-2015, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
C&D Beats on the RC...

Strange how much they shovel onto the poor thing. They'd have you thinking it drives the worse side of a Corolla...

Quote:
Back-road moves are also a mess. The light, quick steering fools you into diving into bends too aggressively for the available grip. Brake-pedal mushiness saps confidence. Ride motions are jiggly and induce abundant head toss.
Anyone else starting to think we're reaching peak journalism...

2015 Audi S5 vs. Cadillac ATS Coupe 3.6, Lexus RC350 F Sport ? Comparison Test ? Car and Driver
post #2 of 7 Old 05-13-2015, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Car and Driver has been particularly hard on the RC Coupe. I understand that they have to be critical when comparing it to other rivals, but they seem a little harsh in my opinion. It's kinda like reading a movie review that is too critical. Maybe there are a few flaws, but the truth is that it will be an entertaining and enjoyable movie to watch. Similarly, the RC may have flaws but it is still an enjoyable vehicle to own and drive.

post #3 of 7 Old 05-13-2015, 04:04 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Luther View Post
Car and Driver has been particularly hard on the RC Coupe. I understand that they have to be critical when comparing it to other rivals, but they seem a little harsh in my opinion. It's kinda like reading a movie review that is too critical. Maybe there are a few flaws, but the truth is that it will be an entertaining and enjoyable movie to watch. Similarly, the RC may have flaws but it is still an enjoyable vehicle to own and drive.
Well to understand where this comes from we need to understand Car and DRivers methodology, what is it that they value. Fraction of a second faster acceleration, a ride that causes your nuts to jump back up into your body cavity, superfluous add ons that take the price into porsche money and above all advertisements.

I am of the opinion that Lexus simply doesn't buy enough advertising with Car and Driver. Its the only reason for such slanted commentary from several of their writers. The mag has an agenda.

post #4 of 7 Old 05-13-2015, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
even more of a reason i look at a wide range of reviews, get my own real world experience, and go off the information the car maker provides... then decide.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-14-2015, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 267 Post(s)
I guess I like to believe that ads don't impact reviews, but that is probably nieve. I know better, but still. I guess this just reinforces the fact that you need to look at many reviews in order to get a more aggregate understanding of a vehicle's true quality.

post #6 of 7 Old 05-14-2015, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Luther View Post
I guess I like to believe that ads don't impact reviews, but that is probably nieve. I know better, but still. I guess this just reinforces the fact that you need to look at many reviews in order to get a more aggregate understanding of a vehicle's true quality.
and then of course your own experience, collaborate the opinion and observations of others to yours = most powerful.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-21-2020, 03:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
the best idea of a car you will have not after someone else’s reviews, but you. it would be cool to rent a car for a ride right away to see if you like everything

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page