Infrared RC 350 F Sport with mods!!! - Page 2 - Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 Old 06-19-2016, 09:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Lexus cars are known to be reliable but I'm not sure how long a RC350 will last after a large repair job. Here's to hoping that it's a total loss.
post #12 of 18 Old 06-22-2016, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The latest update on what has turned into a nightmare saga with State Farm (the at-fault party's insurance), is that they made an initial estimate of $14,059 which didn't seem at all realistic, just based on a common-sense view of the damage.

That then gave the Lexus body shop the authorization to do their supplement (or completed estimate). They came up with an estimate of $23.265 - over $9K increase, which sounded more correct to me, although admittedly just my view based on a guess...

State Farm then decided they needed to go out and re-review the car and the estimate. Then they (SF) come up with an estimate of $18,971. So I am now fighting with SF over how they take a reliable body shop's estimate and cut it by $4300! They are totally giving me the run-around.

I had SF insurance myself for probably 26 years of my life and always found them to be good to work with. But they are putting the screws to us, for an accident that wasn't our fault.

I'll let you know what happens next, when it does! Sheesh, this stinks!
post #13 of 18 Old 06-23-2016, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
I had a similar situation with a 2005 Ford Escape years ago. The person who rear-ended me at 50 MPH while I was sitting still had Nationwide. They refused to total even though the vehicle had to basically be cut in half to repair. I said fine, go ahead and try to repair it but it will be perfect before I sign-off on it. Nationwide told me that I had to be a little more realistic. I stood my ground and stated that I am being realistic since my car was brand new when their insured hit me (I just made my first payment). I made the body shop redo it 3 times before I signed-off on it and took it. It ended-up costing Nationwide more than it would've if they had totaled it (rental car fees included). I promptly traded the vehicle.

Best wishes!
Joseph likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2017 INFINITI Q60 3.0 TWIN TURBO V6 AWD PREMIUM

post #14 of 18 Old 06-24-2016, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyville99 View Post
The latest update on what has turned into a nightmare saga with State Farm (the at-fault party's insurance), is that they made an initial estimate of $14,059 which didn't seem at all realistic, just based on a common-sense view of the damage.

That then gave the Lexus body shop the authorization to do their supplement (or completed estimate). They came up with an estimate of $23.265 - over $9K increase, which sounded more correct to me, although admittedly just my view based on a guess...

State Farm then decided they needed to go out and re-review the car and the estimate. Then they (SF) come up with an estimate of $18,971. So I am now fighting with SF over how they take a reliable body shop's estimate and cut it by $4300! They are totally giving me the run-around.

I had SF insurance myself for probably 26 years of my life and always found them to be good to work with. But they are putting the screws to us, for an accident that wasn't our fault.

I'll let you know what happens next, when it does! Sheesh, this stinks!
Aw man, that definitely sounds the furthest from a pleasant experience. But nonetheless, leave it to the insurance companies to try and shaft you any which way they possibly can. But I would totally ride the route that @mrjangle did. Be a pain in their behind if you have to, but you want nothing less than what it was brand new.
mrjangle likes this.
post #15 of 18 Old 06-24-2016, 12:40 PM

Garage
Correct @Joseph. I've worked for insurance companies the last 13 years and counting. They never have the insured's or claimant's best interest at heart. It's all about money and the bottom line. Period. As my grandmother always tells me... if you don't stand-up for yourself, no one else will. Don't make it easy on them because you're the one who'll pay in the end. You'll have to disclose that it was in an accident when you trade and it'll definitely impact your trade-in value.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 18 Old 06-29-2016, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Well, I'm sad to say that the big bad insurance company won... they cut the repair estimate by $5k, and that's all they would agree to pay. Since we didn't want a heavily wrecked/repaired car, we traded it, plus the repair checks in on a new 2016 RC. So a wreck that wasn't our fault ended up costing me about $15K. Of course, I didn't have to buy a new one, but there were no used 2015s within 100 miles that were blue or red, so we bit the bullet and got this one...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rc200t.JPG
Views:	789
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	3290  
post #17 of 18 Old 06-29-2016, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
awww man I'm sorry to hear that. That's some nonsense man. That's a good chunk of money gone.. Glad to see you're at least back in an RC but at that cost, it's a real tough situation
post #18 of 18 Old 06-30-2016, 09:33 AM

Garage
Sorry to hear! You're only option at this point is to go after the at-fault party in a civil suit for the monies lost. And, that's a lot of money so you might want to consider it. It's an iffy situation but I've seen a few win.

At least there were no major injuries. Again, that's a lot of money but in the end it's only material. So many other more important things in life.

Congrats on the new ride! Best wishes!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page