LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 11-25-2014, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Under 20,000

Sub 20,000 is the annual sales target for the RC...

Quote:
Bracken tells WardsAuto the RC and NX will contribute 1,000 and 3,000 units, respectively, to Lexus’ December sales tally.

Lexus plans to sell 40,000 NXs annually in the U.S., up from a 25,000-unit initial internal target, and deliver 16,800 RCs per year.
Which is consistent with the 18,664 A5's Audi sold in 2013...
post #2 of 10 Old 11-25-2014, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Not bad at all, good numbers.
With all the hype i have seen around the RC coming from lexus loyalists and those not as involved with the brand, things look good for them.

post #3 of 10 Old 11-25-2014, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
I'm ok with that! Definitely had a little trepidation in buying a new line right out of the gate. I love Lexus but it still is a little unnerving to drop that much money on a model that's not established. Here's hoping it's not full of bugs and problems!

post #4 of 10 Old 11-26-2014, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilaDenverCO View Post
I'm ok with that! Definitely had a little trepidation in buying a new line right out of the gate. I love Lexus but it still is a little unnerving to drop that much money on a model that's not established. Here's hoping it's not full of bugs and problems!
Fair concerns, but I feel like the RC isn't really a new model in the sense that many of its components were re purposed from the IS, especially the softwares which seem to be so integral to the modern automobile...
post #5 of 10 Old 11-26-2014, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Quote:
Lexus consistently ranks at the top of quality surveys though. If there was any brand that you should feel comfortable buying a brand new model from, it's Lexus.

post #6 of 10 Old 11-27-2014, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Yup, they are up their, you really can't go wrong with anything Toyota/Lexus/Scion.
Owned vehicles from them ever since the 90's and they have been some of the best i hav had.
post #7 of 10 Old 12-02-2014, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

I did ask about that to the salesman, and he said that the engine had been tested already from the IS or G Series, and the computer system was also pulled from it as well. Anything new from this line that could be problematic would be from the external side.
post #8 of 10 Old 12-02-2014, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks for the feedback guys! Helps a girl feel warm and fuzzy to know I got a good car sitting in the garage. My first Lexus was a GX470 which was unfortunately completely full of bugs and problems. Was in the shop 11 times in two years! What the heck is that about??? I traded that lemon in for a RX350 and it was great and bug free so it restored my faith in Lexus. The one thing I learned with the GX debacle is that Lexus really stands behind their product and their motto "the pursuit of perfection." They did right by me getting out of the GX and offered me $1000 under cost for any new Lexus I wanted to trade to.
post #9 of 10 Old 12-03-2014, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
That's horrible, didn't know the GX could have been that bad, especially with the amount of them I see on the road.
What problems were you experiencing with your GX?

Fortunately Lexus is coming around to a time where the GX should be due for a whole next generation or hit the chopping block.
post #10 of 10 Old 12-04-2014, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 267 Post(s)
It's too bad you had so much trouble with your GX, but I am confident that is not a normal occurrence with Lexus vehicles.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page