1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 04-04-2014, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2015 Lexus RC official paint colors

Here are the official exterior paint colors for the Lexus RC350 and RC-F.

Exterior Colors

Ultra White Nebula Grey Pearl Liquid Platinum (only on RC F) Obsidian Infrared Exceed Blue Metallic New Orange

Interior Colors

Black Grey Rioja Red
post #2 of 13 Old 04-04-2014, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Thanks for posting this, it's always good to see the official colors but the note at the bottom has me wondering if it will really change before release.

post #3 of 13 Old 04-04-2014, 07:05 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Aren't they missing a blue in there?

The exceed blue metallic is a mix of purple to me.

post #4 of 13 Old 04-05-2014, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
If you ask me, they are missing a lot of colors in there. We have our choice from mostly neutral and bland choices: most are whites (2), greys (2), silvers (2) (generally considered colors for people who don't know what color car they want) and one black, which is the absence of color (or all colors, depending); that's 70% of the palate, leaving only 3 real "colors": red, blue and orange (surely not the first choice of too many buyers in this price range). I'm considering an RC350 with no F of either sort, so the blue and orange are not available to me. On the other hand, I like the red (and the "clove"), so I'm not distressed for myself, but getting back to the point of Odetta's note, where is the dark green and the medium blue or light blue or the tans and the browns or even the fire-engine-arrest-me red. Surveys show greys and whites are very popular and very common (just look around the mall parking lot), but this is a bit of an unusual car not directed at the average buyer. I'm disappointed, but not disappointed enough to tell my salesman to cancel my request for a fully loaded red w clove.
Is Earl Scheib still in business?
Odetta likes this.
post #5 of 13 Old 04-05-2014, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 267 Post(s)
I'm always surprised by how many different ways a company can create silver or grey and still call them different colors. I'm hoping to go with blue but it doesn't look like it is available with the RC350. Looks like I'll have to go with silver after all.

post #6 of 13 Old 04-07-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Luther View Post
I'm always surprised by how many different ways a company can create silver or grey and still call them different colors. I'm hoping to go with blue but it doesn't look like it is available with the RC350. Looks like I'll have to go with silver after all.
Some have the right to do it with how different they make it, but some have silvers that aren't too different from the rest.

post #7 of 13 Old 04-07-2014, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
awesome

thanks for sharing
post #8 of 13 Old 11-30-2014, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Why can't I have a gold one?

Why won't anyone make the car I want in gold?

I see enough of them on the street but as i started my search for a new vehicle, I can't find one in gold. I already have a red car, I don't want another one. I don't wash my car enough to get a black one. Silver is boring. Same goes for white. I really want a gold car. I wonder if they'll come out with more colors..
post #9 of 13 Old 12-01-2014, 04:07 PM

Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeticsinger View Post
Why won't anyone make the car I want in gold?

I see enough of them on the street but as i started my search for a new vehicle, I can't find one in gold. I already have a red car, I don't want another one. I don't wash my car enough to get a black one. Silver is boring. Same goes for white. I really want a gold car. I wonder if they'll come out with more colors..
Gold would not be a popular color. Some companies do a light gold that is almost a metallic beige, but to get an actual gold I think you would have to go after market.

post #10 of 13 Old 12-02-2014, 12:19 PM

Speaking about gold, the gold on vehicles from Top Secret would look killer on the RC! Hopefully Top Secret plans on building an RC-F:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page