5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 02-25-2015, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
RC Scheduled Maintenance

just got a new RC Fsport and was looking at the lexus suggested maintenance. I was very surprised they want me to bring it in for maintenance every 5,000 miles. This seems overkill, especially considering what they do between the 10,000 mile oil change.

I was wondering does anyone actually service their RC every 5,000 miles? I plan to service mine every 10,000.

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...ce-schedule.do
post #2 of 24 Old 02-25-2015, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwkootz View Post
just got a new RC Fsport and was looking at the lexus suggested maintenance. I was very surprised they want me to bring it in for maintenance every 5,000 miles. This seems overkill, especially considering what they do between the 10,000 mile oil change.

I was wondering does anyone actually service their RC every 5,000 miles? I plan to service mine every 10,000.

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...ce-schedule.do
I work for Lexus... Yes every one year or 10k you need to change your oil.... Yes you need to go in every 5K... if something ever happens to your Lexus and it needs work done (warranty work) The dealer is more inclined to help you, where as if you miss a lot of services there is a way we dont have to honor the so called "warranty" work because you have not responsibly maintained your vehicle.....It is up to you my friend but just a heads up
post #3 of 24 Old 02-25-2015, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the input, on a side note, i've been trying to determine if we have synthetic oil in the RC. I didn't see any mention of it in the owner's manual.

post #4 of 24 Old 02-25-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the input, on a side note, i've been trying to determine if we have synthetic oil in the RC. I didn't see any mention of it in the owner's manual.

It is full synthetic... All Lexus models (New) run synthetic I believe
post #5 of 24 Old 02-25-2015, 05:40 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
are you capable of performing minor maintenance yourself? You could always perform the small items yourself and bring it in for oil service to maintain face at the dealer?
post #6 of 24 Old 02-26-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
are you capable of performing minor maintenance yourself? You could always perform the small items yourself and bring it in for oil service to maintain face at the dealer?
Yes but it doesn't matter if you do all the maintenance yourself perfectly, it still wasn't done by the dealer and they have no record of it...
post #7 of 24 Old 02-26-2015, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbinleedav View Post
Yes but it doesn't matter if you do all the maintenance yourself perfectly, it still wasn't done by the dealer and they have no record of it...
they can't void my warranty for completing my own maintenance. They don't need a record of it, if the work was done its evident its been done...mechanics aren't dumb...
post #8 of 24 Old 02-26-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
they can't void my warranty for completing my own maintenance. They don't need a record of it, if the work was done its evident its been done...mechanics aren't dumb...
Look man I am just trying to help you...complete your maintenance yourself or at a Jiffy lube for all i care, im just saying Mechanics get paid more for non warranty work.... Do as you please.
post #9 of 24 Old 02-26-2015, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Servicing every 5,000 miles does seem quite often to service a vehicle of this sort in general.
post #10 of 24 Old 02-26-2015, 04:49 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Garage
I change my oil very 5K and it's not a big deal. If you do it yourself just have a log of what was done, and keep the receipts as proof it was done. They can't say it's not done if you have proof, but can if you can't prove it was done. I had a issue where a dealer said I didn't do the required maintenance, and I proved that I did, and they had to fix the issue.
DCRH and mrjangle like this.

US Navy Vet
2015 RC 350 F-Sport
2004 ES330
1965 Ford Mustang Custom Fastback

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page