RC Scheduled Maintenance - Page 3 - Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum
User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 Old 07-14-2016, 03:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Even if you do your own oil changes, all that's required is that you keep your receipts for proof and even that will be okay for warranty. At least for now while we can we can do that without issue. But I have a feeling that may not be the case for long.

mrjangle likes this.
post #22 of 24 Old 07-14-2016, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by soarer View Post
Even if you do your own oil changes, all that's required is that you keep your receipts for proof and even that will be okay for warranty. At least for now while we can we can do that without issue. But I have a feeling that may not be the case for long.

You're correct. They keep making autos more and more complex and difficult to work-on. Some autos even have to have the engine mount loosened and the engine raised slightly to just change the spark plugs. Part of that is due to design and cramming more and more options/technology into them. I test drove a BMW a few years back that didn't even have a dipstick. The computer told you how much oil was in the car. My 370Z that I traded for my RC 350 had to have the wiper cowl disassembled to remove the battery. Sometimes I long for the days of my '77 Camaro. I was only 17 and could figure most things out myself. But, I love the autos of today... gotta take the bad with the good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2017 INFINITI Q60 3.0 TWIN TURBO V6 AWD PREMIUM
post #23 of 24 Old 07-24-2016, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I usually go to the manufacturer dealership for maintenance until the warranty ends, then I just go to my friend's garage to get everything done for dirt cheap and he does a good job.

post #24 of 24 Old 07-25-2016, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I typically do everything myself and keep receipts and logs. Write everything down in a journal and keep it handy with the invoices filed away.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page