RC Scheduled Maintenance - Page 2 - Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum
User Tag List

 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 Old 02-26-2015, 05:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Yeah it's not hard to keep track of it, just need your receipt showing the oil and filter you bought, with them seeing that long with the frequency in dates from one oil change to the next... they can't say ish!
DCRH is offline  
post #12 of 24 Old 02-27-2015, 07:16 PM
Senior Member
 
soarer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,404
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
i went about it a similar way with my other cars.
just kept receipts and service records from independent shops i services my vehicles at



soarer is offline  
post #13 of 24 Old 02-28-2015, 01:59 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: MN
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Maintenance Frequency

I know it says every 5000 miles, however, I brought mine in at 3K and had the oil changed and tires rotated. Probably overkill but you want to know what, I could care less. I am comfortable with that schedule and it works for me......
rpalick is offline  
 
post #14 of 24 Old 03-02-2015, 11:43 AM
Senior Member
 
soarer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,404
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpalick View Post
I know it says every 5000 miles, however, I brought mine in at 3K and had the oil changed and tires rotated. Probably overkill but you want to know what, I could care less. I am comfortable with that schedule and it works for me......
One downside to getting an early first oil change done, from what I heard is, it might do more harm than good as the oil new cars come with are apparently specially blended for the engines break in process. But then again there's the other concern about ridding of the initial build up of metal shavings, motivation for an early first oil change.



soarer is offline  
post #15 of 24 Old 03-02-2015, 12:49 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I had my ride in for an issue around 1800 mi and I had them change the oil. they said there wasn't any special break-in used. I certainly wasn't going to let it go 10k before the first change. As an engineer, I have a real hard time believing the the fine particles that come off during break-in are ok to leave in the oil that long. Yes synthetic oil can last the 10k mi but you also change oil to get rid of the contaminates (water, increased acidity etc) and particulates that the filter isn't catching. I plan on being buried in this car so i'll probably be changing it every 5k :-)

The oil change was only $10 more than what i pay for a synthetic change at the Valvoline shop for my wife's car. Pretty good deal and it's on your maintenance record.
LeftLane is offline  
post #16 of 24 Old 03-03-2015, 10:48 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Personally, I'd say every 10k is fine but it also comes down to how hard you drive your car and if you're a maintenance freak. It's all based on preference but it does come down to a point that you could be wasting money on oil and service parts. As technology in engines and cars rise so does the quality of oil and the service parts (oil filter, air filter etc). So I guess it would be go to find a balance, like every 8k?

Cheers
Mickey is offline  
post #17 of 24 Old 03-03-2015, 11:59 AM
Senior Member
 
soarer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,404
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftLane View Post
I had my ride in for an issue around 1800 mi and I had them change the oil. they said there wasn't any special break-in used. I certainly wasn't going to let it go 10k before the first change. As an engineer, I have a real hard time believing the the fine particles that come off during break-in are ok to leave in the oil that long. Yes synthetic oil can last the 10k mi but you also change oil to get rid of the contaminates (water, increased acidity etc) and particulates that the filter isn't catching. I plan on being buried in this car so i'll probably be changing it every 5k :-)

The oil change was only $10 more than what i pay for a synthetic change at the Valvoline shop for my wife's car. Pretty good deal and it's on your maintenance record.
That has me thinking we should start talking about types of oil to use, I've used Motul for a while in some of my vehicles and would be what I use in an RC.



soarer is offline  
post #18 of 24 Old 07-02-2016, 05:03 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I went in at 7500 they forgot the cabin air filter change and put bulk oil in my RC350F. I had to change it myself after I got home, could not be leave how dark the oil was that they left in. RT 10 Lexus I would not recommend them for regular service.
Dennis Villani likes this.
RC Fan is offline  
post #19 of 24 Old 07-05-2016, 10:45 AM
Senior Member
 
mrjangle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: 44130
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbinleedav View Post
I work for Lexus... Yes every one year or 10k you need to change your oil.... Yes you need to go in every 5K... if something ever happens to your Lexus and it needs work done (warranty work) The dealer is more inclined to help you, where as if you miss a lot of services there is a way we dont have to honor the so called "warranty" work because you have not responsibly maintained your vehicle.....It is up to you my friend but just a heads up

I respectfully disagree with you. I'm 47 and I've owned many cars over my lifetime. Every 5K is overkill and all it does is provide steady income for the dealership. I skipped my 5K service but took it in for the complimentary 10K service. They gave me no grief over my opinion. Also, there's no way I'm paying $220 for a fully synthetic oil change and tire rotation at 20K (that's what my dealership charges) when I can go to Lube Stop and get a fully synthetic Mobil 1 oil change and tire rotation for around $100. Plus, I'm in and out in around 30 minutes instead of sitting at the dealership for 2 1/2 hours. Lastly, no manufacture can refuse to cover warranty work just because you don't have your car serviced and said manufacturer's dealership. As long as you go to a licensed service facility and have proof of said service, the manufacturer MUST honor your warranty and cover your vehicle. I've never had a problem with warranty coverage and I never go to the dealership for scheduled maintenance because, quite frankly, all dealerships charge way too much.


No disrespect to you. Just voicing my opinion from my personal experiences.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2017 INFINITI Q60 3.0 TWIN TURBO V6 AWD PREMIUM
mrjangle is offline  
post #20 of 24 Old 07-06-2016, 01:37 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
no manufacture can refuse to cover warranty work just because you don't have your car serviced and said manufacturer's dealership. As long as you go to a licensed service facility and have proof of said service, the manufacturer MUST honor your warranty and cover your vehicle
This. Having worked at a dealership, and majority of my social circle working at various other dealerships, this is the key thing to look at.
mrjangle likes this.
Joseph is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome