LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 04-14-2015, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Chris Harris is a Troll...

While Harris never 'deserved' our respect he certainly garnered it through his aove average abilities behind the wheel, however, he's mistaken his popularity as a driver for popularity as a pundit... Unfortunately when it comes to matters beyond driving expensive cars in ways that mere men like you and I cannot Harris falls pityingly short of the mark.

His latest diatribe rails against Lexus F division for their 'apparent' lack of focus. His ammunition seems to be that Lexus never offered a successor to the LFA, IMMEDIATELY and that the RC-F falls 0.32 seconds short of the M4 on track...

I'm sorry Chris Harris but you're guilty of pandering to the lowest common denominator, you're also guilty of falling prey to the Jalopnik ideology. But hey a paycheque is a paycheque...

Read it if you really want: What The F Is A Lexus Performance Car?
post #2 of 8 Old 04-15-2015, 09:17 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
At the end of the day I rather own a vehicle like the RC-F that will have far better chances of being reliable while delivering good performance than something from a German brand that will be in the shop many times.
Tony and thepro78 like this.
post #3 of 8 Old 04-15-2015, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRH View Post
At the end of the day I rather own a vehicle like the RC-F that will have far better chances of being reliable while delivering good performance than something from a German brand that will be in the shop many times.
I was looking to get the S5 too. Its very nice but the resale value and reliability of the Lexus cannot be matched.

The Aggressive look of the RC 350 is just amazing!!! I've had the car for about 45 days and not a day has gone by without getting compliments on the car or breaking at least 2-3 necks when i drive by.
spoonful, DCRH and Tony like this.

post #4 of 8 Old 04-16-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepro78 View Post
I was looking to get the S5 too. Its very nice but the resale value and reliability of the Lexus cannot be matched.

The Aggressive look of the RC 350 is just amazing!!! I've had the car for about 45 days and not a day has gone by without getting compliments on the car or breaking at least 2-3 necks when i drive by.
Very true, even down the road, years from now when the RC is off factory warranty, its reliability and resale value will be favored even more over its german rivals and gain much more traction.
post #5 of 8 Old 04-16-2015, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)
And Harris also seems to forget that Lexus is the only Japanese brand mentioned within the same breath as the Germans.

The more he writes for Jalopnik the less interesting he seems to get...
DCRH likes this.
post #6 of 8 Old 04-17-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonful View Post
And Harris also seems to forget that Lexus is the only Japanese brand mentioned within the same breath as the Germans.

The more he writes for Jalopnik the less interesting he seems to get...
I know right. He does well on /Drive and on his own channel, 'Chris Harriss on Cars'.

If he did it for attention he sure got it, guys over at Club Lexus have a lengthy discussion going on it.
post #7 of 8 Old 04-17-2015, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRH View Post
I know right. He does well on /Drive and on his own channel, 'Chris Harriss on Cars'.

If he did it for attention he sure got it, guys over at Club Lexus have a lengthy discussion going on it.
thats what bothers me about it. If its controversial because its controversial, ah well, but when you deliberately go looking for controversy or manufacture it yourself you step into the realm of sensationalism and your credibility is torn to bits...
post #8 of 8 Old 04-18-2015, 11:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
the whole site is that, what did y0u expect

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page