Park Assist Question - Page 2 - Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum
User Tag List

 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 07-30-2015, 07:46 PM
Senior Member
 
GearHeadPeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 309
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjangle View Post
Thanks! I'm going to change the settings and see what happens.

Let us know what you find. After reading in the owner's manual all the weird things that could set them off or not it's amazing they even work. LOL

US Navy Vet
2015 RC 350 F-Sport
2004 ES330
1965 Ford Mustang Custom Fastback
GearHeadPeter is offline  
post #12 of 16 Old 07-31-2015, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
mrjangle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: 44130
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter View Post
Let us know what you find. After reading in the owner's manual all the weird things that could set them off or not it's amazing they even work. LOL

I know... right! LOL!


A little better but it's still doing it. I've noticed this... they've recently painted the crosswalk markings in my area. When I approach the newly painted, bright white lines at a light combined with the bright sunshine lately, my Park Assist goes off and states it's unavailable until I push the button and reset it. Of course this is when coming to a stop. If I'm traveling a normal speed and cross them it doesn't go off. This option is nice (like when I'm pulling into my garage) but it's becoming a major pita.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2017 INFINITI Q60 3.0 TWIN TURBO V6 AWD PREMIUM
mrjangle is offline  
post #13 of 16 Old 07-31-2015, 02:58 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
After 5,000 miles, I have not had any problems with the parking warnings or the cross traffic alerts or the blind spot monitoring. They seem to work for me, rain or shine.
2DoorFan is offline  
 
post #14 of 16 Old 07-31-2015, 03:37 PM
Senior Member
 
GearHeadPeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 309
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjangle View Post
I know... right! LOL!


A little better but it's still doing it. I've noticed this... they've recently painted the crosswalk markings in my area. When I approach the newly painted, bright white lines at a light combined with the bright sunshine lately, my Park Assist goes off and states it's unavailable until I push the button and reset it. Of course this is when coming to a stop. If I'm traveling a normal speed and cross them it doesn't go off. This option is nice (like when I'm pulling into my garage) but it's becoming a major pita.
It might be time to take it to the dealer to have a look at it. I've had my car since mid-December, have 4500 miles on it and it has not acted up. I live where it is always extremely bright out and nothing. It might be a programming issue that only they, the dealer, has access to.
DCRH likes this.

US Navy Vet
2015 RC 350 F-Sport
2004 ES330
1965 Ford Mustang Custom Fastback
GearHeadPeter is offline  
post #15 of 16 Old 07-31-2015, 03:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter View Post
It might be time to take it to the dealer to have a look at it. I've had my car since mid-December, have 4500 miles on it and it has not acted up. I live where it is always extremely bright out and nothing. It might be a programming issue that only they, the dealer, has access to.
It might help to find out the manufacture date since that could indicate which batch might have this problem and which might not. Good way for member of a certain batch to know
GearHeadPeter likes this.
DCRH is offline  
post #16 of 16 Old 08-13-2015, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
mrjangle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: 44130
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrh View Post
it might help to find out the manufacture date since that could indicate which batch might have this problem and which might not. Good way for member of a certain batch to know

4/2015


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2017 INFINITI Q60 3.0 TWIN TURBO V6 AWD PREMIUM
mrjangle is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome