post #11 of 18 Old 01-16-2015, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soarer View Post
Definitely not the answer they should be giving but at least it's something for now that will work.

I guess you can always try asking another rep to see what they have to suggest to you, might get a different answer.
Yep, not what I was hoping for, but like you said it is working with the iPod and it buys me some time. What I'm going to do is look at those 5 songs that I put on a different USB device and see if somehow they are setup differently somehow.

Now if the car would stop not remembering my phone that would be sweet. I see that it downloads everything, and when I say Call name it gives me that darn "Pardon", but if I manually make the call with the phone itself then everything works again. Go Figure. I even deleted the phone and did a new pair with the car.

Technology, can't live with it, can't live without it, and someday Skynet will take over. LOL

US Navy Vet
2015 RC 350 F-Sport
2004 ES330
1965 Ford Mustang Custom Fastback
post #12 of 18 Old 01-17-2015, 09:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
My mp3 files copied to a USB drive play well for the most part, but:

every once in a while it will simply not see one of them;
the files are not sorted by file name, but by one of the metadata tags, but I'm not sure which one yet;
Making 4 or 5 folders works, but it is awkward moving around to find the mp3 desired;
Streaming from my iPhone via Bluetooth works fairly well, but I get the impression from the manual that if I am doing that, then the iPhone won't work as a phone and I will not get incoming calls or be able to make outgoing calls - but I have yet to test this;
using an Apple-USB cord to connect an iPod works well, and might be an easier solution than the USB flash drive (or you can connect the iPod from the headphone jack, in which case I gather you can only control the iPod from the face of the iPod itself);
finally, if I put 2 flash drives into the two slots, I can only access one of them.
. . . . as far as I can tell so far.
post #13 of 18 Old 01-17-2015, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
My USB plays the files just fine, and even does Random folders when I shuffle, but I just can't use the VC to find a particular song or artist. On the iPod I'm using the Apple-USB cord and I can control everything from the stereo. I haven't tired putting in two USB devices. I think I will give it a shot and see if it recognizes it.

US Navy Vet
2015 RC 350 F-Sport
2004 ES330

post #14 of 18 Old 01-20-2015, 09:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter View Post
Yep, not what I was hoping for, but like you said it is working with the iPod and it buys me some time. What I'm going to do is look at those 5 songs that I put on a different USB device and see if somehow they are setup differently somehow.

Now if the car would stop not remembering my phone that would be sweet. I see that it downloads everything, and when I say Call name it gives me that darn "Pardon", but if I manually make the call with the phone itself then everything works again. Go Figure. I even deleted the phone and did a new pair with the car.

Technology, can't live with it, can't live without it, and someday Skynet will take over. LOL
Exactly, that's really what matters most, that it's not taking away from the user experience, a remedy is better then a temporary loss. Keep us posted on how that goes.

About SkyNet, what's funny is right now there's a lot of development going into getting artificial intelligence out into society, it's going to impact us big time. And to think it was something we only seen in Hollywood years ago, all in awe. The hollywood effect

post #15 of 18 Old 01-20-2015, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
The only difference I can see between the USB and iPod is that in the USB device the *.mp3 is part of the file name, which the system doesn't appear to like. In the iPod the Song name doesn't contain the *.mp3.

US Navy Vet
2015 RC 350 F-Sport
2004 ES330
post #16 of 18 Old 01-20-2015, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
If I put 2 USB flash drives into the two slots, the audio system will only allow me to access one of them (probably the first one I plug in, but I'm not sure of that). If I put in one flash drive and connect an iPod to the other USB slot, I can access either of them at any time.
I tried to figure out how to access the audio files on my iPhone via Bluetooth, but I cannot "browse" that device, only step through the files one by one.
post #17 of 18 Old 01-21-2015, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DoorFan View Post
If I put 2 USB flash drives into the two slots, the audio system will only allow me to access one of them (probably the first one I plug in, but I'm not sure of that). If I put in one flash drive and connect an iPod to the other USB slot, I can access either of them at any time.
I tried to figure out how to access the audio files on my iPhone via Bluetooth, but I cannot "browse" that device, only step through the files one by one.
Can't help you with that one as I have an Android phone. There is something in either the Owners or Navigation manual that might help. Try this site:
https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...2015&x=43&y=10

US Navy Vet
2015 RC 350 F-Sport
2004 ES330
post #18 of 18 Old 01-17-2017, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you still have the same problem? I have a sandisk usb plugged in and it works great.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page