LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 10-04-2015, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Smile Tire and Wheel Protection for $1250 for 5 yrs

HI All,

I just bought a RC 350 AWD F sports that comes with 19inch wheel and Michelin tires.

The dealer offer me to purchase tire and wheel protection for 5 yrs with amount of $1250.

Is it worth it? If anyone purchased this protection, how much did you guys pay?

I don't want to over pay for something that I am too sure if I'm going to need it.
post #2 of 15 Old 10-05-2015, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hi, I bought my RC 350 AWD two weeks ago, not sure if that'l l make it a price difference, but I paid $940 for mine and do remember my finance advisor telling me that the wheel and tire platinum coverage is for the duration of your warranty, whether it be the standard 4 year or the extended 7 year. There is slight negotiable room for it though so I'd atleast throw them an offer of 10-20% off what they offer
post #3 of 15 Old 10-05-2015, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Wink It was actually $1290 for 5 yrs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonngo123 View Post
Hi, I bought my RC 350 AWD two weeks ago, not sure if that'l l make it a price difference, but I paid $940 for mine and do remember my finance advisor telling me that the wheel and tire platinum coverage is for the duration of your warranty, whether it be the standard 4 year or the extended 7 year. There is slight negotiable room for it though so I'd atleast throw them an offer of 10-20% off what they offer
Actually, the financial officer's offer was $1290 and ended up getting it today. One of my friend told me that his IS had rim damaged twice and it was only 19 inches...
Is your rim 18 inches or 19 inches?

Where was your dealership located if you don't mind asking...

I drive in NYC and North NJ a lot so I thought it was good idea to cover my rim and tires and I ended up paying $1380 with tax and all...
We will see if it's worth it or not...

post #4 of 15 Old 10-06-2015, 01:23 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Located in West Suburbs of Chicago Illinois, I have the 18' wheels but in my opinion it is well worth it. I can assume NYC has a lot of potholes just like Chicago and imagine just going down one and it cracks a rim , pops the tire. Boom you get a new rim and tire, free of charge. (That is after reimbursement) <-- that's what they fail to tell you
soarer likes this.
post #5 of 15 Old 10-06-2015, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
In places like that with a lot of pot holes I find it to be best to know routes you have to take all the time, at least then you'll know what pot holes to expect. Funny enough you might be seeing some grow as you pass them over time
post #6 of 15 Old 10-07-2015, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
The F Sport comes with 19 inch but it's odd that your friend damaged theirs twice. Was it within a short span of time?
post #7 of 15 Old 10-10-2015, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I purchased that package, but in addition the package included any dings that doesn't include paint, and windshield repair. Double check about the rims because I was told that the rims would only be repaired, not replaced. If the rim isn't repairable then I'd have to buy a rim.
post #8 of 15 Old 10-11-2015, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
I purchased that package, but in addition the package included any dings that doesn't include paint, and windshield repair. Double check about the rims because I was told that the rims would only be repaired, not replaced. If the rim isn't repairable then I'd have to buy a rim.

I bought the same package, go read the literature, if the wheel is damaged beyond repair it is replaced..

don't ever go by what a salesman says, while Lexus is better than others, they are all mostly clueless.
soarer and GearHeadPeter like this.
post #9 of 15 Old 10-15-2015, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
That's great! I just had a huge crack in my windshield and when I called Lexus to see about getting a new (it's beyond repair) they told me it's only valid for repairs. That's what sparked me to ask about the wheels. That's when they told me about repair only. I'll definitely look into it. Thanks!
post #10 of 15 Old 10-16-2015, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
If replacement is in the package literature then the dealership can't deny you a new windshield.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page