1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 12-08-2014, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Remote Start

This might be a stupid question. I cannot find any mention of Remote Start being an option on the RC350. Can anyone enlighten me as to whether it is available?
post #2 of 28 Old 12-08-2014, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
You might not have seen it obviously mentioned since it's a standard feature and not something you need to select, it's part of their smart access system. Did you search the Lexus website? Took me a minute to find that.

Quote:
SMART ACCESS
The SmartAccess* keyfob lets you lock and unlock your doors and start the push-button ignition—all without having to take your keys out of your pocket or purse. As soon as the sensors detect the presence of your SmartAccess key, the door unlocks when you touch a front-door handle.
STANDARD ON: RC 350 F SPORT, RC 350
post #3 of 28 Old 12-08-2014, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Remote Start as in 'starting the car to warm up while not in the car'.

post #4 of 28 Old 12-09-2014, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Never mind I found it. Remote start is done thru the Lexus Enform App, unfortunately only available on IPhone & Android (I have a Windows Phone).
post #5 of 28 Old 12-09-2014, 11:19 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwickens View Post
Never mind I found it. Remote start is done thru the Lexus Enform App, unfortunately only available on IPhone & Android (I have a Windows Phone).
But there's no hard system you can get installed through your Dealer? Strange...
post #6 of 28 Old 12-09-2014, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
That's one thing i disliked about how the industry is, Apple products for the most part get priority when it comes to APP's, something I don't see changing any time soon.

Can you not use Google Play APP's on your windows phone? I see the app is available through the Google Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.enform&hl=en
post #7 of 28 Old 12-09-2014, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Windows phones are based on Window 8 software and not compatible with Android (Google) Apps. I love my Windows phone but will be changing over to an Android phone at the end of the year because of the lack of Apps.
post #8 of 28 Old 12-10-2014, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Never tried a windows phone before, it might be something I look into in the future since so far I had Android, Apple and BlackBerry phones, plus all my PC's are running windows 8, having that consistency with my smartphone might be a good thing... just the lack of APPs (and i use a lot of them) worry me.
post #9 of 28 Old 12-10-2014, 01:35 PM
BJM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know Lexus offers an actual remote start for RX, I assume like most its simply an aftermarket type product installed with the dealers blessing. I don't see why this would not be compatible with the RC, its simply a generic module, not something bespoke...
post #10 of 28 Old 12-10-2014, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
I know it does suck that you have to have the right phone to run the Lexus Enform App but I must say the app is awesome. Not only can you check to make sure you locked it and put all your windows up, you can also…
Remote Start - from ANYWHERE. You don't have to be close at all because it is via your phone and not a key fob. I work in a hospital and have to park out in BFE compared to my office so this is wonderful for me.

Set guest driver settings - valet, kids, friend borrowing your car. You can set it up that your phone will alert you if the valet drives it over 30MPH (or whatever you set it to), how far away they go etc. It will alert you when the valet starts it as well. You have a kiddo that is borrowing it, you can set it to alert you for speed or distance from home, you can even give the car a curfew time, etc.

Vehicle finder - not only good for when you park it in a parking garage and can't remember where …. also for if heaven forbid it gets stolen. You call the cops, tell them where the car is with vehicle finder and if the jerk that stole it is still driving it - you can even shut it off once the cops get close! No high speed chase my friend you just shut it down!

I love my app and use it at least 3 times a week since it has been cold in CO lately. Can use it for hot summer days as well.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page