LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 Old 11-25-2014, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
RC350 Owner Feedback - Any Issues?

So far I am loving my RC350 F Sport. Have had it three weeks now and blasted through 725 miles. Looking for feedback from other owners - any issues or bugs you have noticed??

So far my only complaint is that the steering column doesn't extend out as far as I would like. Being 6'1" I like to take advantage of all the leg room I can. Unfortunately in this model if I put the seat all the way back to accommodate my legs I can't reach the steering wheel. I can only stretch my arms out so far without being Inspector Gadget

Still haven't figured out how to get the computer to default to the home screen vs. navigation but I'm so used to it now that I'm on autopilot getting in and hitting the home button myself.
post #2 of 36 Old 11-26-2014, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Have you looked back to see how much space is left for a rear seat passenger with how far back you put your seat?
From what i have seen the RC seems to be more forgiving when it comes to taller folks with rear passengers.
post #3 of 36 Old 11-26-2014, 06:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My biggest beef is the window cracking every time I open the door. If you finish washing your car, it leaves those water streaks every time. Also, you have to reach pretty far back to reach for the seatbelt. It seems like I'm about to pull my shoulder every time I get in and buckle up.

post #4 of 36 Old 11-26-2014, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
OLT - in all honesty my back seat is used for my purse if I'm feeling girly and actually using one that day . other than that it only collects dust. In my opinion a car like this only has a "back seat" for insurance purposes

USMarineCPL - have you tried using the snap gadget on the outside of the seat to hold your seatbelt in? I find that it helps but made my seatbelt appear twisted and I never fiddled with it enough to see if it was operator error!
Mejohnso likes this.
post #5 of 36 Old 11-27-2014, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
My SC430 had the same snap on the top corner of the front seats to hold the seatbelt, necessary in two door cars. I used it all the time (14 years) to make the buckle easier to grab, which I presume is its function. It twists the belt a little, but this is what we get with a coupe.
As for the window moving down a bit when the door is opened, that's just cool (I think some of the Audis do that also).
post #6 of 36 Old 11-27-2014, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
What's funny about that whole thing about coupes that are 2+2's rather than just a 2 seater and the belief being a 2+2 equates to a lower insurance rate is that there are so many other things that factor into what your insurance rate will be.
Which makes me wonder how much a vehicle being a 2+2 over a 2 seater influences how one's insurance rate changes.
post #7 of 36 Old 11-27-2014, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmarinecpl View Post
My biggest beef is the window cracking every time I open the door. If you finish washing your car, it leaves those water streaks every time. Also, you have to reach pretty far back to reach for the seatbelt. It seems like I'm about to pull my shoulder every time I get in and buckle up.
I hear you about how it can mess up the window and leave streaks, but it has to do with the internal air pressure when closing the door. It allows for air release when you shut the door of a car that doesn't have a metal frame all the way around the windows and the windows are up. In our case, the window glass forms the upper part of the door seal. If left up, the next time you close the door, the interior pressure would rise, potentially enough to break the glass, which is the weakest component.

Streaks over broken glass right!!
post #8 of 36 Old 11-28-2014, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
The idea of broken glass has me feeling a bit uneasy.
It would suck breaking your window in winter. At least for those that live in the south don't have to worry too much about what happens after the window breaks.
post #9 of 36 Old 12-02-2014, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hi all. Just picked up my Ultrasonic Blue Mica F sport a few weeks ago and can't love it enough. The only "complaint" I have is that the accelerator pedal feel has two issues. First it feels like it's sprung way to heavily. It's close to being uncomfortable on my foot on longer drives. Second, it takes some distance pressing in to actually get the car to start moving. This is more pronounced/annoying in reverse!

Anyone notice the same thing?

Last edited by LeftLane; 12-02-2014 at 01:04 PM.
post #10 of 36 Old 12-02-2014, 02:30 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftLane View Post
Hi all. Just picked up my Ultrasonic Blue Mica F sport a few weeks ago and can't love it enough. The only "complaint" I have is that the accelerator pedal feel has two issues. First it feels like it's sprung way to heavily. It's close to being uncomfortable on my foot on longer drives. Second, it takes some distance pressing in to actually get the car to start moving. This is more pronounced/annoying in reverse!

Anyone notice the same thing?

You're right on this. It feels REALLY heavy. Before, I would release the brake and it would move forward a little, but this one makes you step on it pretty hard just to make it move.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page