2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 06-08-2016, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Infrared RC 350 F Sport with mods!!!

Pics of my 2015 RC 350 F Sport AWD with some unintended mods, thanks to an out of control 2002 Chevy Suburban that spun into my wife on May 27. Just hoping they total it, but not expecting it...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0723.JPG
Views:	1105
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	3258   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0725.JPG
Views:	538
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	3266  
post #2 of 18 Old 06-08-2016, 02:16 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Holy moly I hope shes alright ?! But by the looks of it, that should be a total. Only because of the quarter-panel section. I don't see them attempting to cut it all out and re-welding a replacement. That's a lot of work and money. That along with the suspension damages and potentially whatever else is underneath.
post #3 of 18 Old 06-09-2016, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
She was a bit banged up - hit her head hard on the door frame and snapped her neck to the left. She seems to be doing ok at the moment.

Re: the quarter panel, that's what I've been wondering - since that appears to be one big piece that goes up to the roof and over the door, how do they fix it unless they cut it out and weld a partial panel in place, which I don't like the sound of. Not to mention the suspension and likely axle damage. I think the determining factor will be if there is any frame/cradle damage... not looking forward to getting a car back that has been this badly damaged. Would rather see it totaled and take my chances trying to find something to replace it!

post #4 of 18 Old 06-10-2016, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Darnn I'm terribly sorry to hear that, hopefully she recovers quickly.

The only way to fix that quarter panel properly will be to cut it out and re-weld a replacement.

I would hate for them to say that they can fix it and give it back, I would be extremely uneasy about that.

Would you grab another RC 350 F Sport though ?
post #5 of 18 Old 06-10-2016, 02:04 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
Prayers for your wife's recovery.

Did any of the airbags go off? If so, that'll help your chances for a total.

Best wishes!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2017 INFINITI Q60 3.0 TWIN TURBO V6 AWD PREMIUM
post #6 of 18 Old 06-13-2016, 01:27 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Depends on how much it'll cost to repair everything. Total loss is when the cost to repair the RC350 is higher than the actual cash value of it. Looks like a lot of damage to me and may be cheaper for the insurance company to scrap it.

All the best.
post #7 of 18 Old 06-13-2016, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Definitely happy to hear the wife is doing alright. Pains me quite a bit to look at the pictures however. Based off of first glance I would say complete total, guaranteed the underside is gonna be mangled quite a bit as well
post #8 of 18 Old 06-13-2016, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the prayers and comments folks!

It's been 2 1/2 weeks and still don't have a completed estimate from the Lexus body shop. Initial estimate from State Farm was $14059. But they didn't put it on a lift to look underneath, nor did they take into account paint damage on the right side due to being knocked into tree branches. I saw a few substantial scratches on that side. Their estimate basically calls for patchwork paint repairs, and with Infrared that worries me a LOT.

The Lexus rep told me they'll just cut out the damaged quarter panel and weld a replacement piece in its place. Not excited at all about that. I doubt it's going to be totaled, but we'll see. Not sure I want it back after these substantial repairs, honestly.

Wife loved the car, so we may get another one if we can find same color, and similar options (this was AWD) but may opt for RWD to get better mileage!
post #9 of 18 Old 06-13-2016, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Lets keep our fingers crossed for when they check underneath. Hopefully it's more than they thought it would be !
post #10 of 18 Old 06-15-2016, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Sorry to see that happened but at least a lesson can be learned about it and what to look out for when driving, since a lot of times we can avoid a lot of situations or save ourselves from harm.

Keep us posted on how recovery goes and the whole process leading up to moving on.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page